Tuesday, October 10, 2006

This, and that, and no hockey

This entry is just going to be all over the place.  Updates and tid bits here and there...

 

Yeap, no hockey this evening.  Imagine that!?!  Actually, my boys played 3 games in 4 nights and then don't play again until Friday.  Who makes up these schedules anyway?  A 6 day break between games?????

 

Graphic is a bit on the dark side, but I seem to be liking that more and more these days.  Not dark, not sad, not depressed, just can have some fun with them.  I actually tubed the bird in the foreground and added it.  LOL  Just wanted to see what it would look like.........

 

Strike is still going on.  It's not the top of the news any longer, and from what is being said it could be a long one.  Sunday my son actually appeared on the news, but I can't find footage on line, oh well.  He may also look for temporary work while this drags on....

 

My back is feeling a better.  It's still a bit tender and hurts when I move certain ways, so I just don't move that way.  I think I might be coming down with a cold or something.  Sinus's are killing me.  Maybe a cold in my back and not a pulled muscle.......

 

It was reported on the news last night that rumors/emails were being circulated stating there was going to be a shooting at a local school.  This same school has had 3 bomb threats this year.   There was a huge police presence there today, and only about half the kids went.  With all the crap happening lately I wouldn't send my child either.  What is wrong with people these days???  

 

I am thrilled tomorrow is hump day!  Two days down and I need my weekend already.  Work has been just that, work.  Nothing good, nothing bad.  Well, yesterday we actually got to wear jeans and we had a little 'Fall Harvest Celebration.'  We all brought in dessert type things for the season and had a break for about an hour to mingle.  Food was great, and fattening of course.  The break was even better, but it got me behind.....

 

Made a couple 'boy' graphics as requested when I posted the little girl ones.  I don't have a lot of them, but I will continue my search to see what else I can come up.  I have a couple more I'm working on but just didn't have it in me to finish tonite.....

 

Had an exchange of emails earlier and we got on the paranormal subject, a bit.  Within minutes I was sitting here looking for a graphic and BOOM!!!   CRASH!!!  Right into my front picture window.  Do birds fly at night?  Curtains are closed so it wasn't a reflection of light.  Then thought my bat was back.  Didn't get up to look, to afraid.  Called my son.   He got a little pissed.......... 'mom whatcha want me to do come over and tell ya nothing is there?'  My reply.....'YES!!'  He said good bye and hung up!  ROFL!!!!  Gotta love him.  I still don't know what it was..........

 

Well, I think I can sleep tonight and I am tired!  Won't use the word pooped ever again.  I was talking to my niece on the phone earlier today.  We were discussing bridal shower things.  I had to call her back, and when I did she told 'Bug' to get in bed.  I asked if she was trying to get her to take a nap and she replied with no, she needed a nap she had worked last night and is pooped.  In the background, as clear as day Bug says, 'You pooped your pants again?  Daddy will be mad!  I'm going to tell him and he will send you to bed.'  I almost fell off my chair laughing.  I wonder how often................ 

 

Anyway.... I'm off to bed.  Sweet dreams everyone!

hugs

~d

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah the story about pooped the pants is funny. sorry about the strike for your son. yes schools the way they are are the exact reason I homeschooled. One of them anyway. the  other maybe just becuase IM odd and we dont fit in well anyplace lol Hope your back is better soon very soon. take a hot bath and have a beer that works for me LOL

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about your son's answer when you called him and then e hung up! lol lol still laughing here...guess what? My daughter did the same thing to me! lol Kids.....gotta love em...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

lol...kids you just gotta love them...funny with your son too!! Love the graphic...awesome!!! and yes...I snagged it...Have a great day..I can't wait until Friday..No school or on monday...but that means a messy house for more days...LOL...but my little one lets me sleep an hour later...LOL...sometimes...on the day she wont I wish there could have been school so i can tell myself I will take a nap and them end up not...LOL...Have a good nights sleep...Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Lil Bug is so funny! Bless her! I just can't figure out how anybody could walk into a school and shoot kids, there are some real sickos out there, I can't blame the parents for keeping their kids away from school. I hope the strike doesn't go on too long and I hope your son can find a temporary job if it does. It's such a shame, he'd just got settled there. I hope your back is soon healed, I suffer with my sinuses so I can sympathise on that one! Wish I could find a cure to give you too! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna,
I hope your back is better and hopefully you're winning the battle against the cold or sinus :(
I also hope the strike is over soon.
I'm looking forward to your Christmas graphics  :)

Vivian

Anonymous said...

i love Desperado....love it when Clint Black sings it. I can relate to that song well.

love that black tag....how strange that you were talking about the paranormal and you heard that sound. I am so sorry your son is on strike. My FIL was on strike once and they almost lost their home because all he got was strike pay, which was not much.
I like using the word poop but you already know that. lol
hugs,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Your son sounds like mine ,bless em always there with the right solution lol ,Little bug made me laugh too ,bless her ,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love the dark graphics..its surreal....I think its really how people feel at night..some think of it as eerie where I think of it was depth and closure.....I hope your sons strike is short..they always say its going to be long for all of them....so hopefully his will be the typical and be over shortly...-Raven

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I do not comment often and it has been a long while, but I visit regularly.  Once again you have shown just why you deserve the Vivi award for animation.  Your work is spectacular and superior to anything else out on AOL Journals.   I've visited some of the other suggestions on the Vivi journal, and it made me laugh.  The award is for best original, and most journals had tagged (?) graphics taken from your journal, or other professionally made ones.  No where did I see that the award was for best gussied up journal.  I truly hope the committee keeps their rules straight when making decisions or this entire thing will definitely blow up.  Count on my nomination and vote!  Hands down you should win, no question.

Anonymous said...

How scary to hear that crash!  I'd have jumped out of my skin, no doubt!  I have heard some birds at night here.  I've seen a few of them once in awhile.  But not often.   I didn't know you had a bat!  Must have missed that story.
Glad you enjoyed your celebration at work.  Always fun to do something different.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...I forgot. I hope you feel better soon, too!
Pam