Sunday, October 8, 2006

Pain

Steve had an interesting but uneventful day today.  He called on his way home to tell me the local news had been filming all day and I that should watch at 11.  He didn't talk to anyone, but he is sure he will be on some of the footage.   One of the conversations we did have again today was the 'stay below the radar.'  He has no choice but to picket but management will remember and he will, hopefully, be back to work soon.  No reason to be obnoxious or rude.  He was fine with that and said there were no incidents.  Day 4 and counting.   They met up at a park not to far from the plant so they could be bused in.  He said they had a spread of food there and then again out front of the plant.  Snacks, pizza, wings, hot dogs, coffee, pop, and water.  The barrel fires were going to keep warm.  I do think he is glad his shift is over. 

 

Talked to a girl from work today.  We are chipping in to do a basket for a Chinese Auction.  A girl that use to work with us was recently diagnosed with cancer.  She went because of a back ache she couldn't get rid of.  Turns out she is pretty much full of it.  Liver, pancreas, spine, brain.  It's such a shame and each time I think of it I get all teary eyed.  She's a single girl on her own putting on a brave face, but I know she is scared to death!  Technology is so much better then it was years ago, but when it is that far along it leaves little hope, yet I keep mustering up some.  I wish I had a magic words or a magic wand to change things, but I don't.  No one does.  Let's hope they can make her comfortable and maybe... just maybe.

 

The rest of my day was pretty boring.  I did laundry and watched football.  Oh, yeah I watched the Bills get their asses handed to them.  It was like watching a high school team against the pro's.  Pitiful!!  While doing laundry I twisted a bit funny and did something to a muscle in my back/shoulder.  I felt a little pull when I did it but it was fine.  Then a couple hours later I stretched.  A good stretch, arms high above my head and legs out stretched with toes pointed anddamn if I didn't cramp!  I actually got stuck with my arm up in the air for a second.  I was finally able to get rid of the cramp, but I ache now.  A throbbing type pain that just doesn't want to relax.  I think I will use the bed buddy tonight.   LOL  Now get your minds out of the gutter!!!

 

Hope you all have a great evening and a wonderful week!

hugs

~d

 

                            DsDesignsLoveisntlove.gif

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the girl at work.  Chinese auction, what a nice idea.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wow I agree on steve staying low. unions and companies have along memories like women do l!!!!!!!!!!
that poor poor girl I cant imagine

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad Steve's day went ok overall.  Sorry to hear about your friend.  How heartbreaking.  Will keep her in my prayers.
Hope you feel better tomorrow....strains are NO fun!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Keeping your coworker in my thoughts and prayers
Hugss.~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Sorry your bed buddy wasn't as fun as what I thought it might be.  I bought my MIL one of those and they work great.  Glad the strike didn't get ugly.  We have had some really ugly ones here in the past.  Take care.

                  Julie

Anonymous said...

I got my bed buddy now...LOL...Love the graphic!  Stay warm!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I hope the strike will soon be over for Steve. Your ex co-worker is in my prayers. Earlier this year I found out a young girl who I worked with had died. She'd had a lot of time off with back pain and they found that she had cancer of the spine. It's so sad at any age but for someone so young it seems even worse. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

So pleased Steve is 'coping ' with the strike, best way just keep his head down and do what he has too,sorry you need to take your bed buddy to bed tonight hope it does the trick for your pain ,I hadnt heard of them before what a good idea ,Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers ,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I sure hope everything goes smoothly for your son.  It must be hard for him to be in the middle of all that.  And I hope you are feeling better as well.  Big hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This gal your talking about is still working>?.........I wouldnt be....wouldnt be....yes..she is putting on a tough face....amazing..truly amazing....the strength in people. I will have to add her to my prayer list..-Raven

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Pretty terrifying to have secondaries all over the place. Prospects do not sound too great, Donna. Fingers crossed