Thursday, October 5, 2006

Scary

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, the inevitable happened.  Today at 1 o'clock 16 plants walked off the job to start the strike.  I'm linking up the article from the local news, but as you'll see (if interested) all the demands/concessions are not listed.  I could go on and on about things, but I won't bore you.  Though I've agreed with Unions, I also know today's society is so different and there has to be some give and take to make things work.  Just like any relationship, understanding, concern, loyalty, and honesty are all part of it.  Unfortunately, as the world changes so do the needs of businesses.  I have mixed emotions on the matter so instead of trying to get into a debate I will leave it at that.   Scary as it is for my son, it's even scarier for the employees not in the Union.  They are now expected to work 12 hour days 7 days a week to pick up the slack.  These are mostly folks who work in the offices and are not in way, shape, or form use to this kind of labor.  Let's just hope this doesn't drag out for any length of time.  This could cause some serious backlash for lots of people, and yes my son included.

 

Speaking of scary.  While I was off looking for a half way decent article to use for the strike (which is now all over the net) I found this video of the storm from yesterday morning.  Again, it's from a local news channel, but you'll get the idea.  I'm not sure how long the video actually stays up, so if it's gone when you get there, I'm sorry.  Thunder & Lightning

 

The rest of the day has been pretty boring.  LOL  Work, work, and more work.  Hockey, hockey, and more hockey.  Well, that is until my sister came back home.  Since it wasn't my 'boys' playing I let her change the channel.  Nice, aren't I?  Hell, 82 games of ours are more then enough to force down her throat.  Then you have to include playoffs.  So, no not really nice.  LOL 

 

Did do a couple more fall graphics that I will post in a bit.  Might be back with even more, one never knows.  Depends on what I get into.  :)~  If not, I hope everyone has a great night and remember, tomorrow is Friday!!!

hugs

~d

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

cant wait for the fall graphics

Anonymous said...

wow that was a nasty storm. so sorry to hear the strike is on. i hope it is settled quickly. can't wait for the fall graphics. was that the storm you drove to work in? (((hugs))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

dear Donna
hope you week is ending well
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

I hope they resolve the strike sooner rather than later ,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
The storm videowas interesting.  I'm glad you made it through all of that okay.  I went to the link and read about the stike.  It sounds like the issues are huge in this contract dispute and it may take a while to hammer out an agreement.  I'll be praying that your son comes through this strike okay and that some middle ground is reached soon.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video-links, Donna. The thunderstorms were awesome. I hope the issue between the union and the employers gets settled soon, for the workers' sake.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

my dad used to belong to a union.  i remember being little and him going out on strike.  it was horrible not knowing what was going to happen.
I hope you son's strike doesn't last long.

Kathy