Friday, October 28, 2005

Be Free

              


The last couple of days I haven't felt great, coming down with a cold or something.  I've been pumping all kinds of stuff into me to kick it before it kicks me!  Actually that kicked me as well because it has me sleeping at odd hours and up until near dawn.  I decided this weekend I would 'be free.'  


Free from house cleaning, free from laundry, free from waiting on everyone but me.  Free from worries of financial restraints, free from bringing work home with me.  Just be free to do what I want to do.  I think it is important we all take a day or two every once in a while to take time to pamper ourselves and leave as much of the responsibilities we have behind.  Just for a bit obviously, but be free.  Cutting the lawn can wait a day, putting away the outside furniture, doing windows, doing chores.  Take a break and be free.  Take the kids to grand ma and grand pa's house, a friends house, be free to do something for you, just you.  Don't get out of your jammies 'til mid day (or stay in them all day!), order in and eat out of the box it came in.  Be free from doing dishes, cleaning up.  Read that book, watch that movie, lay and bed and just do nothing, soak in a hot bath, go fly fishing, sit and watch the game, go play the game with the guys, play on the computer with no worries.  Be free!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My eleven year old was looking over my shoulder and said, "Mom!!  Send me that link!!"


love, Kas

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The angel is great!
V

Anonymous said...

Good idea, we spend so long looking after others, cleaning behind ythem. Let's all have a Be Free weekend!! Jeannette.