Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Dreams, hope, & wishes

                       


They are a funny thing, aren't they?  Dreams, hope, and wishes are part of our being.  We wish for World peace, to win the lottery.  Hope for kindness from all mankind, our friends to be safe, dream of a better life, for love.  We want the best for ourselves, our friends and our loved ones.  We want the best for complete strangers at times.  We wish life would be full of happiness and fair.    


Things don't always work out the way we want.  I remember the little house with a picket fence, lots of kids running around, a cute little dog, nature all around me.  Trees, a pond, beautiful flowers, off on a country road.  A dream, a hope, a wish I had many many years ago.  I have a chain link fence, no dog and a cat that had to be put down over the holidays last year, a 19 year old and on a busy street.  Go figure!  At my age I thought I'd be someplace else.  Where?  I have no clue!  I am happy, I'm healthy, and I can 'hold' my own.   I look around and see people in a worse spot than I, and I dream, I hope, and I wish.  


Dreams are a good thing!  Hope is a good thing!  Wishes are the best :)

1 comment: