Thursday, October 20, 2005

Heaven Calls

                    


It was a long day today.  I knew something was wrong as soon as I noticed G's car was not in the parking lot.  As I mentioned in an earlier entry, her dad has been extremely ill.  She is ALWAYS in the office before me and when I saw her parking spot empty my heart sank.  I wasn't 100% sure what had happened, but I knew it couldn't be good.  I got to the department and no one had heard from her and our boss was going to be in late.  I checked the lights on our boss's phone and sure enough there was a message.  I could feel my eyes swell a bit as my heart immediately went out to her and her family.  Obviously I couldn't check the message, but in my heart I knew.  Within a few minutes my phone rang.  I answered in my normal business fashion and the noise on the other end told me it was G.  She was a mess!  I could hear her trying to stop sobbing so she could say something.  She could barely talk and I tried my best not to make her.  Both my parents are alive and more or less healthy. I could not pretend to know what she was going through, and wasn't even going to try and say I did.  I gave her my sympathies and did my best to make her understand there was nothing more she could have done.  Apparently, last night she got a call and was told once again it could be within the day.  She had made arrangements to drive down this morning, but her phone rang in the middle of the night to say he was gone.  She was beating herself up for not taking the over 3 hour drive last night.  I told her not to do that.  I have heard sometimes people that ill 'almost' pick their time and since it was just he and his wife maybe he decided it was time.  All I know is heaven called him home.  He is out of pain and in a better place.  My heart breaks for her and I wish there was more I could do.  Of course, I had some things sent to her Mother's house but I can't take the hike there to attend any of the services.  I just hope she knows I love her and wish I could make her pain go away.   


G he'll always be looking down on you and be so proud to see what and who you are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nominations are in...good luck!

I really like this journal of yours!  See around.

~V~