Saturday, October 8, 2005

Reflect, reflecting, reflection.........

                            


My great niece has to be the prettiest fairy in the world!  She got her Halloween costume, and promptly had to put it on.  She is a trip, she even went and got her little plastic high heel shoes to wear.  Such a girlie, girl.   


As I look back, her Mom was exactly the same way.  All the frills, softness, and pretties for the little girl.  Her Mom was the first born in our family and was spoiled absolutely rotten.  Isn't that what aunts, uncles, and grandparents are for?  


I remember one Christmas working at a local department store.  They had the cutest pajama's ever.  They were a cross between I Dream of Jeanie and Cinderella.  Silk, ribbons, soft netting mesh.  The top was powder blue silk/satin with a nice ribbon bow at the waist.  The bottoms (though it was one piece) had silk/satan covered with a balloon type netting mesh.  I just had to get them for under the tree.  Christmas Eve at my parents my as we opened gifts, my niece got to my gift.  She pulled the paper and ribbon off as young kids do and threw the box top off to the side.  As she peeled back the tissue paper a squeal, only a 4-5 year old could make, filled the room.  She promptly stood and removed every stitch of clothing and put the pajama's on.  Never have we seen her get in 'jammies' with such ease.  They were a huge hit, and I swear my sister had to wash them regularly as she wanted to wear them every night!  It wasn't long before the mesh at the knees wore out and I remember the crocodile tears when they had to finally be thrown away.  I wish I would have bought them in every size they had, all the way up the chart.  Live and learn!  


Like mother, like daughter our bug is exactly the same way. I will bet money they had to fight with her to get the costume off to go to bed!  As I sat and reflected back at our girlie girls, great aunt D had to adjust the picture :)  


Sleep tight all!  May the precious fairies sprinkle pixie dust as you fall into slumber....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i see you're becoming quite the expert with your pictures there!!  i almost cried this year when princess informed me that she didn't want to be a princess for halloween this year - she's been a different princess for the last 4 years!  >sigh<  they grow up so fast!