Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Big Apple

                       


I appreciate all the get better wishes and will tell you I am feeling a bit better.  I can at least keep my head up without it pounding and feeling like it weighs 300 pounds.  I slept in until almost 10 and that is not like me at all, but I was up later than the norm.  I did have my 'be free' day to some extent.  I laid on the couch, played on the computer, even took a nap!  I didn't get out of my jammies until at least mid afternoon.  I had to at that point.  I had a dinner invitation at my parents.  Mom was cooking a turkey!   


Yeap, she's a bit early but she had one and wanted to cook it.  I thought for sure it would be combined with a leaf raking party since the entire family was invited.  Their yard is huge and I swear every tree within ten miles send leaves to their yard.  Maybe the grass is softer and makes for a better landing.  It could even be the leaves know if they land there they will be picked up and put away instead of being left out to experience the winter months.  I don't know, but I know how many leaves they get and they don't have THAT many trees.  Anyway, when we got there the yard wasn't bad.  Not yet anyway!  So many still on the trees so we haven't escaped yet.   


Dinner was out of this world!  I didn't take all the fixings, even though I knew they would be great, I wasn't willing to test my stomach.  It hasn't been bad really, but I wasn't going to push my luck.  I nibbled here and there and of course had a few scoops of my Father's cran-rasberry sauce that he makes.  It is to die for!  My great nephew kept telling everyone to eat the 'orange stuff it's delicious!'  My sister in laws sweet potato recipe a little sweet but it is good.   


As we sat around the table after dinner was done and the table was cleared, we chatted.  It had been brought up in the past-goingon ashopping trip to the Big Apple.  All the 'girls' going on an excursion that leaves late at night and then you have all day to shop and you leave late the following night.  You're actually only in the city for the day.  Sounds like a blast and I think we may just do it.  Not just to shop but see some of the sights as well.  As much as we can squeeze in.   


I helped my dad a bit with his computer and showed him some neat tricks on Paint Shop Pro.  He will be as addicted to it as I am in no time.  LOL  My younger sister too.  She is learning pretty fast and loves to play with the pictures.  She got a scrap booking program and I helped her navigate around a bit there.  Can't wait to see what she sends out!  Needless to say I remembered the picture of Central Park I had and decided it would go great with this little entry.  It appears to be an older picture so maybe I can get an up to date one on my trip :)   


Time will tell!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, all the talk about turkey made my mouth water. It's about that time of year. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Dianna ~

Anonymous said...

love that pic!! what is it of? yummy turkey, lucky gal

angelrose

Anonymous said...

love that pic!! what is it of? yummy turkey, lucky gal

angelrose