Saturday, October 1, 2005

Oct 1

                         


Wow!  Can you believe it is the first of Oct already?  What a whirlwind the last several weeks/months have been.  A busy summer followed by a busy Fall.  I remember hearing 'the older you get the faster time goes by.'  I never really believed it until now.  There is just not enough time in a day to do things I want to do.  Notice I said, want and not need.  Of course, I generally get done what I need to do, it's all the extra's that get pushed aside.  With that said, though I've been trying to keep up on the numerous journals out there, I've been slacking!  I get alerts on several and of course scan through some, but it just seems by the time I get to them my eyes are being held open with toothpicks and my brain is fried.  Yes, of course, some of it is the time spent on the graphic programs, but I love it and spent the money on upgrading my computer to use it for something other than email, chat, and surfing the web.  Don't get me wrong there are wonderful things on the web, like the journals and I will continue to read them.  I just need to be doing/using the computer for other things.  So, if you haven't had a comment from me on your journal it doesn't mean I haven't been there but more likely to tired to comment.   


Well, preseason is over and the regular season starts on Wed, Oct 5.  Every team in the league will be playing that night, a 'grand opening' of sorts.  The boys did pretty good over all during preseason ending with a 6-2 record.  Ryan Miller won all 4 of his games and it is looking more like he will be the starter, but who knows.  Numerous seasons of having 3 goalies has me a bit skeptical that they will actually make a choice now.  Mika only had one start and was left out to dry.  I don't feel he was given a fair shake here and not sure if he will be on the block or if it will be Marty.  I just hope something is done to stop the vicious cycle of rotating goalies.  I am so looking forward to this season.  If, and I say if, the league continues to crack down on the clutching and grabbing we should be in good shape.  We are small and pretty fast and need those rules enforced, if not, we are... lets say, SCREWED!  Vanek looks like he will be a great asset.  In the 6 games he has played he has 5 goals, and that is not counting the goals he scored in the mandated shoot out after each preseason game.  Briere is still his wonderful self and has 4 goals and 4 assists.  Drury, what can I say, he is still that clutch player!  


Four days and all the stats count!  We open the season up against the Isles.  Rumor has it some guys can't wait to be playing against Satan.  Hmmm Satan, haven't heard much of him regarding stats, but we all know that will change.  The count down has begun and I am stoked!  Fair warning my life will revolve around my boys and their schedule!  LOL  


As plans stand now, I'm off to Rachacha for an Apple Fest today.  Will be spending the night out there and back early in the morning.  If that actually happens I will be sure to have some pictures.  Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

time does go by quickly, doesn't it?