Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Winter Driving Skills!?!

                  


It's been raining off and on here for days.  The leaves are down and scattered all over the roads.  You do know what that equals, correct?  Slippery roads!  Slamming your brakes on in an intersection covered in wet leaves can be a disaster.  Cutting a car off when the roads are that kind of slick can be a disaster.  If driving the past few days is any warning of what is to come for the first few snow falls, I think I will take the bus!   


I know folks outside of the Buffalo area think all we get is snow, but that is just rumor ::grin:: we had an exceptional summer.  Ok so it only lasts a few months, but we do have summer.  It just amazes me that after 6-7 months people forget their winter driving skills.  Yesterday I passed 3 accidents on my way to work and heard of plenty more on the traffic report.  Coming home yesterday I passed 2.  I was listening to a CD so I have no clue what was being reported.  Today on the way in, another doozy.  Four cars!  All of them pretty banged up.  I am sure it had nothing to do with the woman looking in her rear view mirror putting on makeup, or the guy on his cell drinking coffee.  


I hope people remember their winter driving skills and soon, I can't stand seeing cars/drivers like this on the roads.  I will have to leave earlier everyday to get to work on time.  LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Cars just go so fast these days. If only people would remember that it takes longer to stop in wet conditions they'd get to where they were going instead of being in a tangled up wreck. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It's funny how you talk about people forgetting to drive in the winter. Here in Minnesota its like that too and every year hubby and I complain about it. I try not to drive much because I work at home so when I do get out in the winter, I hit the backroads. Don't want people complaining about my driving skills like I complain about theirs.

And besides, the back roads are usually never plowed so they're much worse. I learn my skills rather quickly and practice while I'm there. I love the fresh snow falls and how it sparkles but only from my living room window.

Last year, a woman was on her way to church driving down our road after a night of ice/snow thanking God for that beautiful day. While she was saying her thanks and admiring the pristeen look of the fields lining the road, she wound up going into the ditch. She didn't get hurt of course but we laughed at the irony of it all.

Anonymous said...

D
You be safe out there!  It always amazes me how people forget so quickly how to drive in foul weather.  Be Safe!
Sam