Saturday, October 8, 2005

Falling

      


 


The temperatures have fallen here in WNY.  On Thursday it was about 82 degrees, the sun was shining, and the breeze off the lake was warm as it brushed past your face and through your hair.  On Friday, fall arrived.  It was about 50 degree, rainy, and very damp.  In a matter of hours, several of the green leaves had changed color and began to blanket the earth preparing her for the long winter slumber.   


Driving home, I was on a side street I use as a short cut to the highway.  The trees on either side had turned yellow.  I bright vibrant yellow that made it appear the sun was out on that street only.  Several blocks of a golden arch.  I wish I had my camera!  Along the side of the road there was a slight run of water from the recent rain.  Floating among the flow were leaves, bright yellow leaves.  Had I found the river of youth?  It was glowing and sparkling even in the grayness of the day.   


Today it is about 40 degrees, windy and overcast.  The contrast looking out my front window makes you wonder.  The tree has leaves ranging from green, burnt orange and yellow.  Below the tree is the garden still boasting it's flowers of red, pink, and purple.  The edges of the flowers faintly show the signs of saying good-bye to the summer.   


Fall is here!

No comments: