Wednesday, October 5, 2005

It's BACK!

                                                      


 


JP Dumont is being credited with scoring the first goal in the new NHL season.  At 3:11 of the first period he tipped in a rebound, the original shot was from the point by Lydman.  I'm not sure if that is really the 'first' goal, but it's been said :)  In the last five season openers JP has scored a goal in 3.  


The game tonight was fast and extremely fun to watch.  I love the game without the holding, clutching, and grabbing.  The flow up and down the ice opened things up for a lot of scoring chances.  Buffalo had 38 shots on goal, and the Isles 26.  The final score was Buffalo 6 Isles 4, but without the great play by both goalies the score could have been much higher.  Zhitnik scored a goal for the Isles about half way through the 3rd.  His shot was from the blueline and took a goofy bounce and went passed Miller.  


Other goals in tontines game, Briere 2, Afinogenov-2, Campbell, the Isles got help from Campoli (his first NHL goal), Blake, and Yashin.  Tom Vanek had an assist tonight, but I must say he is dangerous out there.  He created multiple chances on his own and I look forward to seeing him play throughout the season.  


I'm so glad hockey is back!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you.  My co-worker Trish, is gonna get the hockey package on her satellite so she won't miss any games.  She told me that she has to get it because MSG isn't going to be carrying any games this season, or is it MSG isn't gonna be on the satellite.  Its one of those reasons.  Hope Sabers GO GO GO.  Now if only the Bills can get something started.  Maybe shock everyone and start Shane Matthews.

Anonymous said...

You're going to turn me into a hockey fan, aren't you?
Sam

Anonymous said...

LMAO!  You know I'm gonna try!!!  :)