Thursday, October 6, 2005

Running........

                                 


Well, yes my car is running, for now.  I was able to pick up on Tuesday evening.  They diagnosed it with having a bad fuel pump.  The extended warranty covered it and for my inconvenience the dealer did not charge me my deductible.  I was happy with that.  


What I am not happy with is the fact that it has been in the shop 7 times in the past 2 months.  Each time a different variation, but always including the sluggish, no get up and go.  I didn't always stall, and sometimes it stopped as quickly as it started.  I am sure that was one of the problems finding that little 'critter.'  They couldn't duplicate it and replaced/repaired other things that lasted a couple days and/or weeks which made it appear all was well.  Tuesday morning they took the car for a ride and couldn't get it to 'do it.'  They let it run inside the shop and it took over 60 minutes to get it to act up.  I don't normally drive great distances at one time.  Back and forth to work, errands, stopping at families, etc.  Usually it is just a short jaunt, but on that rare occasion I will complete things in sequence.  Looking back, I guess that is when it acted up.  When it got hot (the car, the car!), when it was running for a long while.   


I have had my car for almost 3 years, and I've been dealing with the same dealership for over 20.  I've never had a problem, never an issue.  Regular maintenance, but no major issues.  I don't think they sold me a lime or a lemon for that matter, I just think things caught up with me.  I've had a stinky aura around me in other areas and I do hope this is the end of it! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this is the end of it, too!  BTW, did they change the fuel filter at the same time?  You should always change the fuel filter when you install a new fuel pump.  Been there, done that!  Godd luck with it.
Sam