Sunday, October 2, 2005

Through a Plate Glass Window!

 


Trip to RaChaCha was good.  Got out of here mid afternoon on Saturday.  Took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there.  Had a great dinner that my friend cooked and we sat up until at least 2 chatting.  We laughed so hard on a few occasions I thought one of us was going to either lose our drinks through our nose or wet ourselves.  It was so relaxing and stress free.  The Apple Fest was not anything I had imagined.  I'm not sure what I expected, but this was more like a craft show.  Booth/tent upon booth/tent set up with different craft items.  I enjoyed myself, but took no pictures.  I did purchase a nice little wooden plaque/sign for my great niece.  Painted with the colors in her room and labeled "Princess Suite."  I just had to get it!  We walked around for a couple hours and then it was time to head back.   


Got in my car and was making great time in spite of the traffic.  As I got a bit closer to home, I called to see if anyone was here, and what was going on.  At 4 I hung up the phone and paid the toll.  I was about 15/20 minutes from my house.  It took me about 5 minutes to get to the actual booth as traffic was a bit heavy.  I gave my money and stepped on the gas.  My car hesitated a bit, and then seemed to go.  I didn't get very far before I got nothing, like I wasn't getting gas.  I sputtered and bucked and pulled over to the side of the road where I promptly stalled out.  Traffic was not pleasant and having semis roar by me scared the living bejesus out of me.  I waited a few minutes and started the car and all seemed good.  I slowly pulled out when it was perfectly clear and I made it maybe 100 yards before it started again.  I pulled over, cursing like a sailor, I think I prayed a little, and I shook as the semis, cars and trucks sped by me, way to close for my liking.  I noticed a few fingers fly up, like I wanted to be there and enjoyed what I was doing!  What's wrong with folks?!?!  Again, I waited several minutes, and a few longer than the last time, and I got out into the right lane and drove.  I made it further and again it happened.  I was determined not to leave my car on the side of the highway and I could only image the cost of having it towed someplace on a Sunday.  Finally, at 5:38 I was off the highway and in a parking lot that I deemed somewhat safe and called to have someone pick me up.  An hour and a half to get only partially where it would normally take 15 minutes.  


I told the dealership the last time I was in there, just a little over a week ago, if I had to bring it back I was going to be driving it through the plate glass window in the showroom.  Well, that won't happen as I can't even drive the damn thing!  I will be on the phone promptly at 7am with the service department and they will get an earful.  I do hope my neighbors are up at that time because they will surely hear every word, EVERY 4 letter word that comes out of my mouth.  I have a tow truck lined up and my son will meet him at the parking lot to give him my keys.  I wasn't going to leave them with the car, because it will start.  A thief wouldn't get far, but I would have no idea where it was.  So that was the best option.  I will be picked up an hour early for work so I can get a ride.  I can't continue to take time away from work to deal with this, and I need a vehicle I can depend on and trust!   


I found this graphic and really wish it was of a car going through a window, but you get the general idea.  I am pissed and a bit scared.  I have no clue what I am going to do now, I can't afford to roll what is left on my bill into another car payment.  Keep your fingers crossed folks, and send good wishes and aura my way,  I really need it :)  Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like they sold you a lemon.  Hope you get your car fix (fingers crossed).

Anonymous said...

hey I dont know if I thank you before but now I figured out how to put my pictures on my journal. thanks