Sunday, October 23, 2005

Let us Grow

      


We all do our journals for different reasons, and I will be honest I started mine because I had extra time and thought it would be fun.  Any of you who have read from start to finish will see I started in June and pretty much kept things generic and scratching just the surface of my life.  Saturday was an emotional day for me as I really thought I would remove an entry for the first time ever, but the support I received from readers has been great and I decided to leave it.  It still gets to me when I think about it and I wonder if it was the right thing.  Alas, it's there and it will remain.  


I've been reading a lot of journals lately as I do intend on voting in the VIVI Awards and feel it is necessary to read more than one entry or one page of entries to get a feel for a journal.  Now, there is no way I could read all journals from start to finish, some have been around for years!  I did try to read the first entry and then randomly move forward.  What wonderful reads there are out there, but I did notice that some did start out slow or generic and slowly moved into more personal issues for various reasons.  It was great to see I am not the only one, and wonderful to see people grow.  


I feel I've grown a bit as well.  I cannot promise that every personal issue will be posted, I do not think I can go through another Saturday anytime soon.  LOL  The world did not end because of my post, and surely it never will.  I truly feel I've opened up a bit and it will get easier as time goes on.   


Since most things bloom in spring I may have picked the wrong time to blossom, but hey I'm being me :)  Let us all grow no matter what the season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that you cannot go to every journal and read it from start to finish. It would take us all until the next awards just to get through them.  I started very small.  After three entries I did a fourth saying I was giving up (I had had no readers) then suddenly people came an commented and told me to perserve. I could not post pictures or graphics. I have come a long way and my journal has helped me.  It has also made the bad times easier.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

D
I'm glad you did not remove that entry, it was good.  No matter what season you choose to blossom, it the right season, believe me!  Yes, you've come a long way in a short amount of time but the path has just opened up and the journey won't be lonely.  You have a whole community traveling with you for support!  I'm very glad I'm a part of that community.
Sam