Saturday, October 15, 2005

What a week!

                       


I can't believe how fast this week went by.  For me personally it wasn't a bad week, but I saw so much raw emotion that I actually felt drained!  


My coworker G has some major things going on in her life.  Her dad, who I believe is about 90, is very ill.  He's been ill since I've known her, but over the past year or so he has gone down hill.  In the last couple of months they said there was nothing more they could do.  He is home and has hospice coming in to help her Mom.  Her parents live about 3 1/2 hours away so it is a drive for her to get there, which she tries to do every weekend.  Last weekend while she was there they said he probably wouldn't make it through Saturday.  Well, he did, and on Sunday he was doing very well.  Or should I say had a great day.  She drove home Monday and went directly to work and was in the office by 8.  Ouch!  That means she was on the road before 5am.  On Wed her mother called and told her that dad had said he was ready to go and asked for her.  She left work, packed a bag and drove down again.  On Friday afternoon she called and said he was still hanging in there.  Far be it from me to wish anything bad on anyone, but this has taken such a toll on the whole family.  My heart goes out to them as they watch the pain and discomfort in the man they love and they can do nothing about it.   


Another coworker, D, has been witnessing a close family friend deal with a horrible accident.  On Wed evening a 17 year old girl, her sister 15, and a friend also 15 got in a car accident.  There was no alcohol involved, but think it may have been speed.  The Land Rover they were driving in hit a utility pole with such force it split the vehicle, portions of the pole went through the windshield.  The sisters were killed and the 15 year old girl in the back seat lost both her legs.  These girls lived down the street from D and were good friends with her daughter.  Such a tragedy for anyone to have to experience, and involving children just makes it so hard to come to terms with.  


On my home from work on Friday I was at a stop light.  Crossing the street in front of me was woman in her mid 30's I would guess.  She carried a box that appeared to be way too heavy for her.  I could see some of the content of the box, papers, folders, pictures, plants.  She definitely walked with a sadness in her step.  She was visible upset as tears rolled down her cheeks.  I assume the box contained the items from her desk as she was leaving work for the last time.  She was a perfect stranger and I am only guessing, but I found my eyes swell with tears.   


All week, it seemed folks were looking into the distance for a source of energy, power, comfort.  Are you there?  I hope they find the strength!  I complained of my aura recently and it is nothing in comparison.  How dare me!

No comments: