Sunday, July 23, 2006

Babysitting

My day was really nice.  I did the few errands I had, and then I stopped at my parents to talk for a bit.  Like I said earlier I haven't talked to my Mom in forever and I missed her.  I usually talk to her everyday or at least every other.   It was nice to sit and chat.  I also talked to my Dad some more about DSL and he did take my advise, he is waiting on the availability.   Apparently July 31.  I don't get their set up at all, as some can get it some can't.  They have a waiting list??? 

 

I got home and started my dinner.  Nothing fancy, just something fairly quick.  I really hate cooking for myself.  Hmmmm maybe I should say for 'just' myself.  It's almost a waste.  I was about to sit down to eat and the phone rang.  I picked it up and after saying hello I heard, 'Aunt Donna'  Not quite a question, but a sort of whining tone.  I know that tone, I think every kid has it when they want something.  Before I could even say 'what's up' I was being asked if I could do a favor.  I said no, and laughed.  Turns out they are having a blast up at the river and decided to stay one more day.   My niece needed a babysitter.  I'd have to run to her Aunt Debbie's and pick up the bundle of joy and bring him here to spend the night.  They will be home tomorrow and she will grab him then. 

 

I finished dinner and headed out.  I got a bit down the road and thought I should have my camera, so I turned around to get it.  Aunt Debbie lives a bit further in the country and is higher up so I thought I might be able to get a shot of the sunset.  As I drove out it was beautiful.  Windows open and no a/c, felt good having the cool air blowing thru the mop I call hair.  The trees were too high to get any decent shots of the sun going down through the clouds, but as I turned the corner to go down Debbie's street there in the fields were a couple of horses.  I pulled over and tried to zoom in and get a shot.  It turned out a bit blurry, but I think it was because of how far away it was or it's me and still not having a good feel for the camera.  Getting there though!  

 

                     DsDesignsHorses7-23-06.jpg

 

I got to Debbie's and buckled Sam in.  He wasn't thrilled with moving again, but sat nice for the ride home.  Just past the horse farm I happened to notice a family of deer having their dinner.  I turned around and from across the street took a picture of them.  Shortly after I was done, something spooked them and into the woods they rain.  Tails bouncing high in the air.   Had I thought fast enough I would have tried that as a shot, but who wants to see ass?  Deer ass that is!

 

Got home and settled.  Sam made himself comfy in Karen's chair.  I had to take some pictures.  It's the same spot my Fluff loved to sit.  Probably not a good idea taking the picture, she'll have proof of him being on the furniture.  LOL  Sammie is a good little guy, no peeps or anything. 

 

          DsDesignsSammie.jpg

Steve stopped by, probably more to see Sam then me.  He let me take a picture of the two of them on the couch.  He even gave me permission to post it.  Not the greatest picture of him, but it will do.  He is pretty red from being in the sun all day today.  He and his buddies went rafting in a local creek, and according to him had a blast. 

 

DsDesignsSteveandSammie.jpg

 

Off to watchthe news and get some sleep.  Back to work in the morning.  ARGH!  I hate Mondays!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics, loved them. ouch a little red? looks like he cripsy, lol. have a gn sleep and a great week. (((Hugs)))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Ithought Sam was going to be a ...baby lol ,great pictures of the deer ,your son is a babe but you knew that ,and Sam is sweet ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great pics, and it sounds like a great weekend. Monday is only 4 days away from Friday LOL

Anonymous said...

I hate mondays too!!! alarm clock goes off too early!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Have fun babysitting.  He sure is a cute little baby!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lol..great entry!
Steve is hot!! no offence..lol! He also has a great name!! :-)

Lv Ste
xxx

Anonymous said...

I love the way you framed those pictures.
Wow! Steve is a hottie! I think I only saw his picture once before but it was a long time ago.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Awww what cute pictures.  That is one good looking young man.  Linda