Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Hump Day!

My alarm went off this morning at its usual time.  I rolled over, hit snooze, and pulled the covers up around my chin.  It was a chilly morning and I dreaded having to go back to work after the extra long weekend.  It felt like I barely closed my eyes and off went the alarm again.  I think I smacked the snooze a bit harder and I know a groan escaped me.  The next time it went off I rolled out of bed, shivered, grabbed my robe and sluggishly made my way out of my room.  My eyes were barely open and felt sticky and my lids felt like sand paper.  Why didn't I take another day off?  Argh!  I went to the bathroom and threw some cold water on my face which only sent shivers right through me.  The hair on my neck stood up on end, but I felt like I was slowly gaining consciousness.  I put the coffee on and ironed the clothes I'd be wearing.  The scent of coffee perked me up a bit and I savored the first cup as I read through email.  I moved slowly hoping I'd realize it really wasn't time to go back to work, no such luck!

 

Work went by rather quickly today which was a good thing.  No time to get sleepy or bored.  Before I knew it, it was 4 o'clock and I was anxiously awaiting my internal buzzer to go off so I could get out there!  I stopped at my sisters to help her with her pictures.  She got a new digital camera and couldn't find the pictures to email them out.  Why do these programs put stuff like in hidden folders?  Mine was the same way so it was rather easy to get her folder out in the open.  She has some great pictures and wanted to email me some of my son at the party on Monday.  What a hoot!  He was definitely having a great time :::giggle:::  I will need his permission before I post them, and I will tell you now he will say NO.  Well, there will probably be some explicit words used as well, but a definite no. 

 

When I finally got home I took some pictures off my camera.  I had some shots of the moon from last night.  Without realizing it, I took the first picture with the settings still set for fireworks.  Let me  tell you the effect was so weird.  I thought for one second about deleting it, but instead decided to hang on to it and possibly use it.  Well, it didn't take long.   I made the following with a normal shot of the moon, and then the 'odd' one.   I actually like both.  Let me know what you think :) 

 

                   DsDesignsLookingDown.gif

 

                     DsDesignsMagicalPotion.gif

 

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday as well as recovered nicely today.  I'm off to bed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there both absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wow Donna1 theyare great!
I have to admit I am nuts about the first one totally!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got through your first day back OK. I love both the shots, the second one has an interesting effect! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Both shots are beautiful ~ I hope you are feeling better ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I loved them both, snagged the second one!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I am so not a morning person!
Becky

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I can't decide, they are both beautiful!!  I just love seeing all the different things you come up with. Thanks for sharing!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!!! There are simply breath taking beautiful! Love them!!!! Hugs, Maria