Sunday, July 9, 2006

Told You So

DsDesignsLawnFate7-9-06.jpg


It wasn't much after breakfast/brunch and cleaning up that the phone rang.  My sister called to see if we'd like to go to the 'Lawn Fate.'  That spontaneous call, and yes off we went.

 

A local church has been having this lawn fate yearly for a long time.  I really don't know how long but I remember going before I had Steve, 20 years ago.   I remember going as a young adult out of high school.  We didn't do the rides, we hit the beer tent!  When Steve was young I took him to ride the rides and play some games.   We'd usually go on Sunday, ride all day for one price and get the chicken bar- b-que to go.  There were times were I'd get a sitter and meet friends on Saturday night and go to the beer tent.  It was like a reunion that could be matched by nothing else.  Always a great time!  Then it got to big.  You couldn't park, couldn't walk around, and definitely couldn't move in the beer tent so I stopped going.  Steve was too big to go with me anyway.  He still goes with his friends, and not much has changed.  Cars parked all over and down the main street.  The beer tent is mobbed, but it's always a good time.

 

Today we went to walk around.  Renee and Mike brought the kids, so I took the camera.  LOL  expect any less?  The sun was out and it was hot!  I mean real hot!!  There was a breeze, but barely enough to cool you off as you stood with the sun beating down on you.  The smell of cotton candy, candy apples, sausage with peppers & onions, fried dough, pizza, chicken, clams, you name it.  The smells were wonderful and made your mouth water for the delights of the good 'ole days.  We walked around and played a few games, entered some drawings, and giggled as the kids acted like, kids!  The 'ewwws and aaaahs', the jumping up and down with excitement, and the tears to spend more money.  LOL  You know how it goes.  We walked around for a couple of hours and then the kids were thoroughly exhausted.  Combination of the excitement and heat.  When they left, I walked over to the beer tent to meet up with everyone else.  Had a cold beer and decided I was done too. 

 

Steve was here when I got home.  We ordered pizza and looked through the pictures as we waited.  We then started 'ewwing and ahhhing.'  We had such a difficult time deciding what pictures to put in the collage for the day.  I have to say those kids are just too cute!  How wonderful it is to look at them on the screen ::evil grin::  Sssshhhh listen,  what, don't you hear it?  The silence!  I am pretty pleased with the ones we chose and love the way the different pictures capture the day.  I randomly took shots of things, the bigger rides, the ice cream stand.  I do like the touch of them in the collage.  What do they say, a picture says a 1000 words?

 

Hope everyone had a glorious Sunday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love going to fairs like that!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

They are so adorable!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to go and have a fun day....love the pic. I would love the food too plus the beer tent.
hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

How cute...love them..TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

they are so cute!
-Jessica

Anonymous said...

Such adorable children.  Looks like they had a wonderful day today!  I enjoy your descriptive stories as well as your wonderful pics and graphics.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yes your collage summed it all up ,what a lovely day ,with something for everyone ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great place to hang out for the day, the graphic is great with Bug and her brother! Jeannette xx