Monday, July 3, 2006

July 3rd

This morning when I got up it was hot, humid, and hazy.  Very hazy.  It looked like it might rain at any moment and thought it was definitely not a beach day.  I lounged with my coffee reading journal entries and playing a bit with some graphics.  As you see by the earlier post, and a few from the past, I am having some fun with the digital scrap kits.  It amazes me what nice ones are out there.  When I first started getting them I wasn't sure I'd ever use them, but more and more I am.  I like them so much as is I am not even animating.  No worries, I won't give the animation up, but I'm sure there will be more non animated.  Most will probably be of my own photo's but one never knows. This graphic is a combination of a tube, scrap pieces and pictures.  I really thought it came out cute.

 

Well, just a follow up on an earlier rant regarding AOL.  I updated my billing information since my credits are done.  I have decided to stick around a bit longer.  I've been on AOL for so long I can't imagine not having it.  The thought of starting a journal on AIM just made me cringe.  I would never take the time to move this entire thing to AIM and I didn't want to start from scratch.   I got a fairly good package since I am bringing my own connection.  I thought about dropping to see if they'd give me more credits LOL that seems to be their MO but I didn't feel like putting up with the aggravation or the guilt after the fact.

 

The sun has since come out and it has turned into a beautiful day.  I thought about going to my sisters to lounge at the pool and I may do that later.  My 'ole body can't take sitting in the sun for long and I really want to go to my brother in laws Bar B Que later.  I will hang out in the cool house and take a spin to my sisters for a swim later if it gets unbearable.  Right now the breeze is refreshing and keeping me comfy.  I'm looking forward to this evening.  They have putt putt golf and basketball hoops coming.  Chicken, roast beast, and the fixings.  Lots of cocktails and fireworks to end the night.  I do hope the weather holds off and the display can go on.  I will be attempting to get some pictures with my new camera.  I've never done it before and not sure how well they will come out.  Time will tell.... 

 

Aaahhh can I just say having today off is wonderful!  :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a little sweetheart collecting shells for her Granny ,your day sounds ok ,enjoy whatever you decide ,have fun ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It is so very hot here across the pond, too hot in fact.......well for me anyway!! Please don't go!!!! We would all miss your wonderful work big time! love Joan

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

enjoy your 4th:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Good for you to stay - I've had my worst week with AOL so far last week too. Enjoy your holiday

Anonymous said...

Happy for you being off :) Have a happy 4th! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing the person who commented before me does.  I bring my own connection, and I take the surveys monthly.  Every little bit of money saved each month helps.  Love the graphic.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I wanted to go to the beach today, I had to walk along past it to get to work, it was so tempting to put on a croaky voice and say I wasn't well!! I got to work in the end! I could sit in the sun for ever! I love this graphic, the little girl looks so sweet! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th, D!  W. Pa. is turning into a total wash out.  I have been getting a lot of scrap kits also.  They do have some neat stuff.  Love the tag.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Whatever kind of work you do with graphics, it is always nicely done. I hope you have a happy 4th......hope your 3rd was a nice one too. AOL upsets me to no end alot..i dont understand why they have to have so many glitches.
Take care,hugs,lisa

Anonymous said...

hey Donna! :):) hey Im sure glad you're sticking around! I love the sea shells too!
love,nat