Sunday, July 2, 2006

Sunday..........

Woke up a few times last night because of the wind.  The first time I heard a bang I jumped out of bed and found an empty Tupperware storage box in the spare room decided to run into the wall.  It scared the shit out of me.  I moved it so would not be in the direct path and climbed back into bed.  The next time I jumped out of bed because of noise I find that the wooden napkin holder on my kitchen table had taken flight and crash landed on the floor.  Napkins and papers that had been on the table scattered all over.  The smart thing to do after I picked things up would have been to close the window.  Did I?  Noooooo  I went back to bed only to hear bang, bang, bang.  WTF??  Now what?  I got out of bed yet again and tried to figure out what it was.  Sure at that point the wind gusts had died down and I could find nothing.  Before I got back to my room I heard it again, distinctly coming from the kitchen.  I walked back and flipped the light switch on, hoping to find something.  My curtain was blown in and resting nicely on a sun catcher hanging from a hook in the ceiling.  It was then it happened again.  Holy crap, the wind was actually blowing the decorative pictures hanging on the wall.  They would lift away from the wall and smash back into place.  Thank God no glass.  This time I shut the window and went back to bed. 

 

When I did get up this morning it was warm and humid, but that breeze was still here.  Some gusts up to about 50 mph.  It wasn't tornado like, and we were glad to have it.  We would probably roast without it.  The next two days are supposed to be in the mid to high 80's.  Can anyone say sisters house?  LOL  Let's just hope the breeze calms down at night so the firework shows won't be canceled. 

 

It was a pretty lazy day today with no picnics planned.  Nice to relax and just veg... though sometimes it seems I'm doing a lot of that lately.  Just no 'get up and go' I guess.  I work hard all week so I think I'm entitled.  LOL 

 

Having a laid back dinner and will probably play some with graphics, might just have a few goodies in store later.   Steve went in to work today for some OT and will be working until 7.  His plan is to stop here on his way home and spend sometime with me.  More like eat and go I'm sure.  It's a holiday weekend and he is off tomorrow I am 100% sure he is not planning to spend time with his mother! 

 

I'm not exactly sure what got into my head when doing this graphic.  My intention was to do something related with wind in a nice summer scene.  It turned a bit dark, but I love the way it came out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic!  I have to admit I thought you had a ghost in your house until I read that it was just the wind!!  I would have shut that window and put the a/c on.  I hate getting woken up at night!  I never can go back to sleep!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love it too, it's kinda spooky! I think the noises would have spooked me out! I hope you have a good day on July 4th with no strong winds to ruin the displays. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Things that go bump in the night ..........Oh that was scary as well as annoying for you ,have a nice meal with Steven .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

i love the graphic:) i would have been freaked out lol enjoy your evening

Deb

Anonymous said...

OMG! That must have been a frightening experience!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow Donna! is everything alright? A very scary and sobering entry!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

After working hard all week you deserive to relax & chill. Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hate windy nights!
Becky

Anonymous said...

h