Monday, July 3, 2006

A visitor

I had a visitor the other morning.  I first noticed him as I was making my morning coffee.  I could see him on the roof of the patio out back.  I am on the first floor but the basement in the back of the house is at ground level.  There is a cement pad with a roof for a little bit of a picnic/porch area.  The roof comes off the house about 2 feet below my back windows.  So my visitor is prancing a bit on the roof.  Quietly, I go to get my camera to have proof.   When I got back to the window he was gone.  Damn!  I've seen him a few times, but he always eludes the camera.  I set my camera on the counter thinking I just wasn't quiet enough.  I finish getting my coffee and I notice him.  He didn't leave, he was putting on a show for me.  I caught him doing a tight rope act on the fence.  Slowly I moved to get the camera as he walked further and further away.  I'm not sure what he saw in the back corner but he perched on the fence just long enough for me to grab the evidence I needed.  He's actually a much brighter red, but he was a good distance away and I was taking the picture thru the screen on my window.  'Snap' I have proof of the cardinal who visits my back yard regularly :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh if he knew how you put him in a nice frame he would have really posed for you ,I'm sure ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

How amazing! Love it! Thanks for sharing your morning visitor with us. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Pretty bird

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

Thats a beautiful bird!
hugs,lisa

Anonymous said...

wow i love cardinals such pretty birds

Deb

Anonymous said...

That's a stunner, well done!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love cardinals, didn't know you had them that far north. He'd be pleased with the pic you did of him all prettied up in the frame with flowers too! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture. Happy 4th Of July.

Anonymous said...

aww sweet Donna!
nat