Monday, July 24, 2006

Good Night, Sleep Tight

Today at work wasn't half bad.  I really dreaded the thought of going in after the weekend of relaxation I had.  I figured I would be ready for a nap about 2.  Then Sammie played the protector last night.  For those of you wondering, he is a Chinese Chested Powder Puff that was shaved because of the heat and humidity.  Anyway, he joined me in bed last night and had to be touching me.  No matter how many times I moved my feet or legs he moved along with me.  Each time a car or bug flew by my window he let out a little growl.  Not bad, but enough to keep me from sleeping.  After several times of 'shushing' him I decided to just close the blind completely so he got no reflections or light.  That seemed to work, but by then it had to be close 2.  Good Gawd I thought, I will really need that nap! 

 

I woke up without problems and let the little guy out to do his business.  I really thought he would run and go but not my luck.  I stood there in the back door in my jammies waiting for him to finish sniffing out his spot.  Finally, after a good 15-20 minutes he was done.  I came in and got ready for work as he followed me around the house.  As I showered he stood outside the bathroom door and whined.  No barking, just cried for me.  So silly! 

 

Even though I was a bit worried about what he was doing in my house, the day flew by.  Work was pretty easy and I am waiting on some good news.  Cross your fingers for me please.  I could really use this news to be positive.  I mean really really use it :)  Before I knew it, it was time to go.  I was thrilled.  When I walked in he greeted me.  Tag wagging and hopping a bit to welcome me home.  As I took off my shoes he licked my toes.  Ewwwww... doesn't he know I have stinky feet?  Oh, yes he knows, he'd have to, he just didn't care.

 

We played outside a bit and then we came in to eat.  His 'Mom' got here about 9:30 and he was so funny.  He didn't want to get in the car, he wrapped his legs around my niece and cried.  Apparently he really doesn't like the movement of the vehicle.  We said our good byes and he was off to see his kids.  It was weird the rest of the night.  No one licking me, wagging their tail, nudging my hand so I would pet him.  Just me and the stillness of my house.  Peaceful stillness that reminded me it was time to get to bed. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can lend you Scooby if you like ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Awww, bless Sammie!!

I've got my fingers crossed for ya hun....toes too! Good luck!

Lv Ste
xxx

Anonymous said...

Don't ya love those clingy little dogs.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I've always been a big dog lover and then realized I could love the little ones too.  They are so much fun.  Kind of like having a toddler around all the time!

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed for you!  Linda

Anonymous said...

You write like a novelist. I love it.

I will keep positive thoughts for you about work...good luck.
I hope your Tues is a happy one too.
Hugs
lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sammie sounds cute but I wouldn't want to sleep with him!!!
Hope you feel better. I'm late in alerts over here and I know you been sick because I read the one at the top first:(
Hugs,
Dianna

Anonymous said...

wow yu have a very nice pet!
loved your entry
natalie

Anonymous said...

wow yu have a very nice pet!
loved your entry
natalie