Sunday, July 23, 2006

Good Morning

Well, it will probably be afternoon by the time I get this posted, so Good Afternoon!  I did enough lounging and puttering yesterday to take care of everyone in J-Land, plus.  It was easy to do since it pretty much rained all day and I was exhausted from a long hectic week.  Sitting with a cup of tea and silence made the day heavenly, but I will pay for it today.  I woke up this morning before 5 ready to go.  I actually got up and logged on to the computer.  Can you believe it?  Years ago I was coming home at that time on Sunday morning not getting up.  Geeze, a sign of old age no doubt!  I played around a bit and after a couple of hours I forced myself back into bed.  I knew if I didn't my sleep pattern would be so screwed up I'd be up all night tonight and not able to move on Monday when I had to go back to work.  I probably timed going back to bed pretty good.  The sounds of a summer weekend hadn't started yet and I do think I actually slept for another hour or so.

 

I got up this time ready to start the day.  I made the coffee and made the few phone calls I needed to make.  It was then my 'tummy' started to gurgle and wiggle to let me know it needed something in there besides coffee.  I am generally not a big breakfast person, but my sister and I will cook at least one day over the weekend.  I think I was being reminded.  I didn't want a big breakfast and peeked in the cupboards and fridge to see if I could find something that looked good.  In the last cupboard I looked in I saw the cinnamon.  Yum!  I can't even remember the last time I had toast and cinnamon so that was it.  It hit the spot perfectly! 

 

The rain did stop at some point last evening and today is a glorious day.  Not too hot and virtually no humidity.  For now, anyway.  I think I heard on the news last night it should rain again this evening.   Not that I want anymore rain, but it will help the grass in my backyard.  My neighbor is a Boy Scout leader and they had camp this past week.  He had laid down a tarp in the yard to wash it.  It wasn't there but a day, yet it turned the grass a horrible brown.   I notice now the green is coming back and it should be back to a vibrant green in no time with the help of rain.

 

Not much planned for today.  I will run to the grocery store and pick up some odds and ends to get me through the week, most importantly coffee!  I am planning on stopping by my parents.  It seems like forever since I've talked to my Mom.  Between Dad and my sister being on line and my brother being on the phone, it is always busssssyyyyyy. I've tried a gazillion times to talk them into going with DSL or cable and as of yet they haven't budged.  I can't imagine being on dial up again.  I moved to cable last year when I bought my new computer.  I couldn't justify the new PC and wasting time on pages to load because of dial up.  Can't even imagine what this journal would be like on dial up, besides sloooooooowww that is!  Hmmmm, come to think about it I don't think I'd even have gotten into graphics if I was on dial up.  The uploading and downloading would have frustrated me to no end and I'd have given up before I got started.

 

Speaking of graphics, this morning I did a few scenes.  Nothing to fancy, but sometimes simple is good too.  I will post them next and then get moving.  Y'all have a great day!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods, loved the graphics they are beautiful. i love cinnamon on my toast also. hope your week goes easy and fast for you. (((hugs)))
cindy

Anonymous said...

Loved the word in your first paragraph ,Puttering ! I think I do alot of that ,your weekend sounds as though its been good ,and you will have benefitted from it hopefully ,.....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I will never go back to dial up, Lord willing. No way. I hope your parents get DSL sometime...they will be amazed. Cinnamon is some good stuff...i should look up recipes with it in it.
No rain in Ohio and my AC is off for the 1st time in a week...nice and breezy. Have a happy day my friend.
love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I will never go back to dial up, Lord willing. No way. I hope your parents get DSL sometime...they will be amazed. Cinnamon is some good stuff...i should look up recipes with it in it.
No rain in Ohio and my AC is off for the 1st time in a week...nice and breezy. Have a happy day my friend.
love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Dial up is a nightmare to say the least. I'm so glad I have mine through the cable people,much faster. I'm glad you got to catch up with journals, I hate getting behind. I remember when I was little my mom had a shaker mixed with cinnamon and sugar and we would make toast and add some butter adn then sprinkle the cinn and sugar on it, yum. I do it for my kids now. We have been getting rain off and on all day long today. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

http://journals.aol.com/pookyluvsu/BehindHazelEyes/

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

I have dial up and it sux big time. I plan to go to Comcast in October and then get aim. I have to sign off everytime my parents want to use the phone. Argh!
Plus, I'm sick of aol anyway!!!
Cinnamon toast is yummy!!!!
Glad the rain finally stopped for you.
Beautiful graphic as always.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this one!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

the graphic was beautiful Donna!
Sounds like you had a good day and now you're going strong ! wowee!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

the graphic was beautiful Donna!
Sounds like you had a good day and now you're going strong ! wowee!
love,natalie