Saturday, April 8, 2006

And the day is over........

  DsDesignsRedSkyatNight4-8-2006.gif


Today was actually much better then yesterday.  Everything just snow balled and the longer the day went on the worse it got.  I appreciate all the good thoughts.

 

Today I woke up to chilly temps but the sun shining.  I even heard birds chirping and could see them darting to and fro as they played.  I few times I could see them land as they found food after a few days of rain.  I was in a much better mood, but my head pounded.  It was early and thought if I got up and moved it would go away.  Stress headaches do not work that way, however.  I ended up taking a few aspirin and went back to bed.  Climbing into bed and under the warmth of the blankets.  It didn't take long to fall back asleep. 

 

When I did get up I had my coffee as I sifted through mail.  Made the rounds a bit and then did some playing with graphics.  Ok, so it wasn't 'some' it was lots, sue me!  LOL  I did do some errands and laundry in between.  Had an easy dinner of burgers and as Karen and I sat at the table the sky was blue and crisp.  Very few clouds in the sky.  It was decided then and there that I was going to take a ride to the lake and see if I could get some decent shots of the sunset.  I played with the camera and got some unbelievable shots.  I learned the more I zoomed the more intense the colors became.  I have several and really could not decide which to use in my entry tonight.  I went back and forth and this won out.  The reds and orange, the way the way the clouds frame the sun, and the birds in view.  I used a filter to animate the water.  I love the effect even though it doesn't show the sun reflecting on the water in a clear straight line.  I find the colors and the movement almost hypnotic.

 

Rest assured you will see more of them and I will no doubt be adding additional graphics to them inthe future.  Right now I just wanted the beauty naturel' :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!  Sorry to hear about your headache.  I know what they are like and they are no fun at all!!  Glad you went back to bed though and at least rested.  I don't know how you can work on the computer with a headache though.  Makes mine worse, but mine are a different sort, so that's probably why.  This sunset is absolutely BREATHTAKING!  Great job on the moving water too!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Absolutely awesome! A sight never witnessed in land-locked Nebraska! lol, Thanks so much for sharing!  Sweet Dreams Sweet Lady!  :)

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely incredible!!  And once again, I'm so impressed with the way the water moves, so lifelike!!  Your work is awesome, as always.  Hope you feel better.

Love,
Bilinda

Anonymous said...

What an inCREDible picture!  So this is one you took, and then changed?  Just gorgeous...;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna
Glad you had a better day.  It's good to see you experimenting more with that new camera of yours.  This sunset shot is stunning in it's beauty!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a photo!  Absolutely stunning!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!  And I imagine the trip to the lake did help relieve some of the stress of life.  Nothing like the ebb and flow of water to sooth the savage beast.

Anonymous said...

Well if this is an example the pictures will be exquitite ,..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so good! I love sunsets and the water looks so beautiful. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

I love getting shots of the sunset on the lake!  Sorry about the stress headache, I hate getting those.  LInda

Anonymous said...

You know how much I love sunsets !! This is just gorgeous :-)
Sorry to hear you had a bad head, they are nasty those stress headaches. Bet it all went away when you saw the beautiful sun setting :-) Can't wait to see more !!
hugs ~x Debbie x~

Anonymous said...

hugs adn get some rest
I like your comments about the colors
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Sunsets have a mystical quality about them. I'm in awe.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Did you take this photo?
Excellent! Love it as an animation too!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo and I love what you did with it!  

Michele