Thursday, April 27, 2006

Which?

                   DsDesignsGardenDoor.gif


Which season is it anyway?  Mother Nature cannot decide what weather to give us here in the 'Great White North.'  One day it's 75, the next it's 30.  One day the sun is shining and the colors of spring are glowing, the next day it rains.  Then we get wonderful snow- at the end of April!  I do remember having flurries as late as May before, so it's not completely unusual, but cripes!  I am ready for the nice weather.  I am ready for the blooms to finish instead of curling back up into the fuzzy silk covers to stay warm.

 

Mother Nature is not the only one who can't decide.  Work has been doing a few minor tweaks, changes here and there in mid stream.  Makes my brain get tired!  I couldn't decide on what graphic to use tonight.  I have a few new ones that I absolutely love.  I decided on this one because it reminds me of the weather.  The colors say spring, but there is a chilly breeze and rain has been falling off on.  Bare feet?  Well, that is my trade mark year round!  I hate shoes.  I am probably one of the few woman who doesn't have a closet full.  Since I was a little girl I had to go shoeless.  I wanted my toes free to wiggle.  I suppose that is one reason I have 'Fred Flinstone' feet, almost as wide as they are long.  Any shoes I decide I do like don't come wide enough.  Sandals, hell, forget it, my toes don't fit under the strap.  I kid you not!

 

My boys lost last night.  They are still ahead in the series 2-1 and I don't think anyone thought for a minute that either team would win 4 in a row, so tomorrow's game will prove to be pretty big.  For the most part they came out unscathed, but one player who was out a good chunk of the season with hernia surgery did get speared.  It was done by the same guy who did a cheap shot in the game before, but it is pretty hard to tell if it was intentional.  Dumont laid on the ice for a long period of time and the PA announcer in the arena had to tell the fans of Philadelphia to have some class as they booed when he got up.  He did come back and play but it was scary for a bit. 

 

My back is much better and I appreciate all the nice words from everyone.  I think it was either I slept wrong or got a chill from the windows being opened while the painting was done.  The living room looks great by the way.  It's off white on 3 walls and a very pale spring green on the fourth.  What a difference!

 

Well, I am yawning up a storm here so I will end my indecision of a topic babble and post a couple of spring graphics for you before jumping into bed. 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!  it was almost 70 here today and tonight we have a frost & freeze advisory?  Who's in charge of those weather buttons anyway?  Glad the living room turned out good - I keep thinking mine needs a new coat of paint - but that just ain't happenin!  LOL   -Kelly  www.pixiedustnme.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wow Im sorry about your player!
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Our weather has been like that too. It has gotten better though the last two weeks we have seen more sunny days and today it was 80! The kids were playing in a pool in the back yard. Alex bought it when he got home from work because we were ALL hot. Yesturday was nice too, about 70 and the day before, well it was overcast with a chance of rain. Yep, craziness!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I hate shoes too, when I try some on in  a shop I get electric shock type pains run through me. Can never find a pair to fit. Normally wear hush puppy type to work and trainers when I'm home. Wish spring would come and stay too! Fed up with this cold weather coming back! Have a good weekend. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Pleased your back feels better now ,yes I know exactly what you mean about bare feet, me too ,though unlike you I do collect shoes, even your graphics of shoes lol ,I love the way the wind is blowing on the ladies skirt ,Did you see I put the lovely sewing machine in my sidebar ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi D.  Don't fret, your weather is going to be warm and stay warm before you know it.  I love the barefoot girl.  So pretty!  But I'm the opposite with shoes, I absolutely must have on shoes at all times. lol  I'm a freak about it. But I am glad your boys are doing good cause ya know I picked em! My dh was giving me some shit about not picking the Lightning though. lol GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

    I hasn't been until the last few years that I'd wear shoes on my feet at home during the winter months. They just get too cold now. We're stuck in the same spring time hell, too. Can't wait till it breaks and I can go out and plant something that will grow.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I love this one. Glad that your back is doing some better. I go barefoot in the house some in the summer but not in the cold weather. Cold feet does not suit me at all LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna, I am way behind reading your journal. I am so sorry to hear that you had back problems. I sure hope each day will be a better day for you.
Best wishes and a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

I love this graphic!
I'm glad to hear your back is feeling better now.
The weather here is acting exactly like your weather. Today was nice but it's still too chilly for me. I wanna go to the beach!!!!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Lovely graphic, great movements. Glad your feeling better.
Blessings, SUG