Sunday, April 2, 2006

Good Morning World!

                  DsDesignsGoodMorningMoonSun.gif


This graphic was screaming to me this morning.  'Me, me, Donna do something with me!'  How could I resist or ignore that?  It was bellowing through my head in the quiet of the morning.  The sun is shining even though it is chilly out.  The sky is a pure crisp blue without a cloud to be found.  I can smell the coffee brewing and hear the grumbles as it 'perks.'  I did turn on the TV this morning, something I don't normally do, and heard the forecast for out west is not pretty.  They are expecting thunderstorms and possible tornado's near Chicago and further west they are saying snow.  No offense folks, but please keep that way!  :)

 

The morning didn't start out as calm.... I had set my alarm to make an assurance call to my son.  His schedule this weekend is 7am to 7pm.  Yesterday he was up and on his way by the time I called.  Today when my alarm went off I casually got out of bed and went to the 'powder room.'  Yes, that is what I am calling it this morning.  As I was washing my hands it dawned on me I hadn't changed my alarm clock.  Shit!  It's 7 not 6!!  I ran to the phone and called.  He picked up his line and was on his way.  Late but on his way.  Damn it!  I'm glad he answered, sort of.  Had he not answered I wouldn't be sure if he was up and at work or sound asleep in bed.  Knowing me, I'd have driven to his house to make sure.  Answering, well it confirmed he was late and that is not a good thing.  In orientation they stressed being late, long lunches/breaks, and calling off.  Not a good thing while on probation.  I could hear in his voice he was upset.  Pissed that the alarm on his phone did not adjust to the time change and scared he would be fired.  I tried to reassure him that wouldn't happen.  They are so short handed and behind they need the workers.  He is not in the habit of being late or taking time off.  He is actually one of the most responsible kids I know, and I am not saying that because he is my son.  I swear!  Anyway, with any luck at all it will be a slap on the wrist and a warning.  Both with which he will take to heart.  Keep your fingers crossed, being late is not a good thing in the first month and they don't know all his work habits just yet.

 

Not much planned for today.  My original plans included going to see Teddy Geiger at a local club later in the day.  Teddy is an up and coming musician.  He could recently be seen in 'Love Monkey.'  I think I may have mentioned in the past he is from Rochester, NY and related to the President of the company I work for.  It seems additional friends and family came in from out of town and tickets were scarce.  I am a firm believer in friend and family being there so I gave up my tickets.  I will surely find something to do with my time :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely thing to do give up your tickets ,I'm sure Steves firm will under stand ,Isaid earlier we had adjusted to the hour ,Maurice rang me a little while ago ,to say he was late too ,he'd turned off the alarm ,so no we havent adjusted yet ,ME ..Islept through it all ,Oh the joys of being retired .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

My son's cell phone didn't adjust to the time change right away either!  Linda

Anonymous said...

LOVE this. I don't want to break any rules. Am I allowed to take/use this? In my family we say we love each other the sun, moon and stars. This is SO awesome. I'd love for this to be my signature (is that called a tag?) I apologize for being very uninformed about these things. It's beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

We're suppose to get some bad storms this afternoon and tonight
here in Kentucky....BLAH....Oh well i guess it will just match the way
i've been feelin....I've been sick since thursday...Bring on the rain...HAHA
Hope you have a great sunday....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

That stinks about your son waking up late!  Hate the time change when you have to wake up for work on the day of the change.  I never sleep the night before that happens because I am always worrying about the clocks and if they are the right time!  Hopefully they will understand and that others will be even later than he was!  Thank God you called him!!  Love this graphic by the way!  Consider it snagged!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you reminded everyone last night about the time change but forgot to reset your own clock!! I don't think your son will ever forget again!! Hope he didn't get into trouble for it. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic. I'm sure they'll understand his being late this once.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Good morning. You're right; LOVE the night one too! These are both big smile makers! Thank you for sharing yourself through your journalling and your talent as well!

Anonymous said...

h