Friday, April 14, 2006

Path to Enlightenment

DsDesignsPathtoEnlightenment.gif


Wow!  Thanks for all your comments on my 'Curious' entry.  I am usually one to stay away from politics, money, and religion.  I have very strong opinions and I usually end up regretting getting involved.  Not that I don't respect the opinions of others, it's just safer to stay away.  I used the grocery store as the most recent example of how some Christians drive on a one way highway-theirs!  I think Charley said it best when he quoted St. Francis of Assisi "Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words."  Sounds so much better than that is the way it is live with it.  I'd like to have hope that folks will one day look in the mirror and say, 'hey, why am I being like that, doing that, living like this?'  Walk down the path to enlightenment and look inside instead of pointing the finger to someone else.  We all make mistakes, we just need to own up to them and do our best to correct them and learn from them.

 

I was going to post a different graphic this evening and end the topic but when I saw this one it called to me.  I tried to get a subtle fog effect to go with the movement of the water.  Get a bit of a mystical effect to go with the season and the deep subject matter.  Not sure if it worked, but I for one will be standing at the mirror in a bit to look deep inside me.  You?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another nice entry & pic!
Yes, we all need to look into that mirror every so often...as none of us are perfect!!! As human beings we are full of imperfections, & it does us good to take time to look at our selves, seeing the us the world sees.
Have a Happy Day tomorrow, enjoy. :)
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

Great entry, I HAVE been doing a lot of this lately. With all that has been going on in my life I just have had to take a deep look within. Like you said we ALL make mistakes. Life is a forever lesson. I think the graphic choice is PERFECT! Again GREAT, GREAT entry, more people need to take chances and speak there mind on these issues I feel. They may be holding in things that could really help other who may be struggling with the same topics.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Donna
I think the fog effect worked nicely on this.  It's a great graphic!  Happy Easter!  Hoping you and your family have a nice celebration tomorrow.  And yes, a little introspection is good for the soul now and again.  I'll be looking into that mirror, too.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Your graphic is beautiful, perfect, as always.  I'm glad you shared your thoughts with everyone, and I, for one, kept thinking about all of this long after I'd read your entry.

~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

I look in the mirror frequently.  Self doubt propels me to turn inward and re-evaluate often.  

Anonymous said...

Hi D.  Just stopped by to say have a wonderful Holiday Weekend.  Not sure where I stand on the political topic you mentioned. lol  I do tend to keep my beliefs inside alot of the time.  But I am believer.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.  I love this graphic.  And I am enjoying reading all the new "about me" sections.  Love and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Beautiful a always..have a Great Easter............Kasey

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, both this entry and the previous one are very good, what you say makes a lot of sense....to me, anyway. It made me stop and think, which is a good thing.....I can get carried away and not stop and think about what I'm saying, doing etc, so thank you. I hope you and your family have a very happy, peaceful Easter. At the moment I'm trying to get my head round the hockey ~ I like sport and would like to show an interest in this, with you.
love n hugs ~x Debbie x~

Anonymous said...

The St. Francis quote may have changed my life and at 75 I did not think I was going to find anything to do that. Thanks for sharing. Bill

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Dearest Donna
HUgs
I work with these concepts ona daily basis!
happy hoopy Easter!
love,nat