Saturday, April 15, 2006

Signs of Spring.....

       DsDesignsEasterBlessings.gif


Easter always helps usher in the spring season.  In my neck of the woods that is usually the breaking point in the weather.  It may be chilly, or rainy, but all in all a warm spring follows rather quickly.

 

This morning I woke up early and could not fall back asleep.  I came out to the living room and attempted to get a few more winks on my couch.  That usually helps, you know, because I have that rule.  'No laying on the couch!'  Well, it didn't do the trick and I decided to log on and surf a bit.  The house was quiet and it was still a bit dark outside.  After a bit I could hear the birds chirping as they looked for food.  I pulled the curtains back to peak outside.  It was then I wished I was more in the country, with no houses across the street.  I could see the rays of sun kissing the clouds good morning.  The darkness of the clouds had a glow of orange and yellow.  There was a slight twinkle reflecting off the windows of the cars in the driveway.  I wanted to grab my camera but the glorious color wasn't high enough.  To much of the neighbors house was in the way.  Truly disappointing!  I opened the window a crack and let the cool breeze flow in.  It was refreshing and smelled so clean.  A hint of warmth, the scent of grass.  The birds songs engulfed me just like a lullaby, because that is when I went and crawled back in bed. 

 

When I got back up the sky was bright and clear.  The sun was out and barely a cloud in the sky.  The window was still open and the fresh air had filled the house.  Nothing like out with the old in with the new.  Something about fresh clean air sweeping its way around the house.  My sister and I decided to make breakfast.  An early treat to our Easter brunch tomorrow.  I had picked up fresh polish sausage the other day at the store and we cooked it up to have with eggs.  The smell of marjoram from the sausage filled the house.  I don't know what it is about that smell, but I love it!  I know some folks hate it, but it reminds me of Easter, of spring, sweet times from the past. 

 

Not much planned for today.  Laundry!  Argh!  One of my least favorite things, but it has to be done.  If it warms up a bit more I may just hang a few things outside to dry.  A true sign of spring!  I will probably put the hockey game on this afternoon as well. It has huge playoff implications that will effect my boys.  Philly, New Joisey, and the Rangers are all jockeying for position and depending on how they fall in the standings determines who we play.  A bit of a secret, I do not want to play Joisey in the first round!  Not that the other two teams mean a guarantee win, there are no guarantees, I just think we have a better shot moving on not playing the Devils.  Aaah the playoffs... another sign of spring :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely graphic ~ and very apt here in Essex ~ it's pouring rain, sadly no sign of spring yet ! But your lovely description of your morning, that made me smile :-) Birds singing, fresh air and those sausages ~mmmmm yummy, they will set you up for the laundry ! Enjoy the game and have a great day Donna !
hugs ~x Debbie x~

Anonymous said...

You are so talented!  Not only with the beautiful graphics, but you write such great descriptions of things that I feel like I'm there witnessing it myself!  Guess I'm a "weirdo" cause I absolutely LOVE doing laundry! (ha)  It's my very favorite household chore!  Hope you get some rest and have a lovely weekend.

Love,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a beautiful morning.  Laundry for me too.  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

thank you Dear Donna for this beautiful graphic and wish!
love,nat