Friday, April 28, 2006

Ruins

   DsDesignsRuins.gif


I hope my boys are not going to resemble these ruins.  They lost again tonight and now the series is tied up at 2 a piece.  I was pretty nervous about this game tonight and rightfully so I guess.  You have to win 4 to move on so there is time, but tonight the lack of experience showed.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they bounce back on Sunday and get their rhythm and timing back.  I'm proud of them either way, I didn't expect a sweep, as a matter of fact I thought the series would go to 6.  I just don't want all the momentum going the other way.

 

Talking about ruins...... I've seen several graphics, both mine and others out on journals that are in ruins.  Resized, stretched, and distorted to the point where they look horrible.  Some so badly you can't even make out the graphic.  I don't mean to sound like a snob or a bitch, but how can one look at the finished entry with a graphic like that and be satisfied or think it looks good.  I know I can't be the only one that does graphics that feels hurt when they see their work like this...... or maybe I am.  Working very hard on something and sharing it only to see it like that really saddens me.  Don't take it personal if I comment or send an email.  It's not me telling you not to snag, I'm flattered you do but if you feel the graphic is too big for that entry wait and use it another time when you can use it as it is or ask someone to resize it properly.  Please don't storm off, remove all graphics, that is not my intent.  I am not here to piss folks off, but to share what I can and give a smile here there.  I don't ask for much, just a few little things when snagging...  

 

Sorry for the little rant, maybe it's the boys loss, maybe it's the weather, or maybe .. just maybe..... I'm in ruins. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever see any of your work in my journal that i did not snag from you or someone else has changed please let me know I will delete it...If it is yours....I want you to get the credit and it to be the way you made it..And I don't think that is unreasonable...really!  hugs,TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think your comments are just and sincere. Well spoken.

Anonymous said...

I can understand what your saying .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well said in my opinion Donna, you put a lot of work into your graphics and they are fantastic as they are!  Sorry your boys lost ~ I grizzled for ages the other night when my team lost at football :-(
hugs Debbie~xxxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to cause any problems of any sort but I have used those photo places like photobucket to enter graphics into my journal and the change comes from that site not being able to handle graphics right. It happened to me at Christmas when I used a lot of graphics. I didn't realize it had saved in that condition until someone told me about it and I went back in my journal and removed the grahic. Hope this explanation will help clear things up a bit. I have noticed this happening on several journals. Helen

Anonymous said...

LOL, I hear ya on the "ruined" graphics.  Usually when I see that happen I will tell them or send it to them again.  Sorry bout your boys, but good luck tomorrow! You know I'm rooting for them. : )  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

LOL...D, I do know what you mean.  I've seen a few snags of my things.  Lord have mercy, I have enough trouble not butchering them myself.  Especially things you have to put through the animation wizard and it comes out looking like crap.  You keep doing it until it's right.  Then it ends up as a thumbnail somewhere else.  At least, you are honest enough to rant about it.  You go, girl!  If someone doesn't like it, tough shitzky.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

I know how much work you put into your beautiful graphics. I wonder what causes it though? I hope I haven't runined any:(
Dianna

Anonymous said...

I can see what your saying and feel you have every right too :-)  I wouldn't do that to any of the graphics I snag - why do people need to resize them it just doesn't make any sense.  If it's too big for them why do they snag it in the first place??!!  The mind boggles lol

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

dear Donna,
good luck!
natalie