Monday, April 3, 2006

Gonna Be Awhile!

     DsDesignsGamboaAfternoonDreams.gif


My sleep pattern was all screwed up and I blame it on the changing of the clocks.  Argh!  Last night I couldn't fall asleep to save my life.  I tossed and turned, fluffed pillows, changed positions, got a drink, went to the bathroom, climbed back in bed, tossed and turned some more.  I felt like a child who didn't want to go to bed, 'Mom I need a drink.'  When my alarm went off it was early and decided I had sometime so I hit snooze.  Big mistake!  I fell back into a deep sleep and when it went off again I never heard it.  At 7:30 Karen came in to let me know the time.  The whole time my alarm was blaring.  It was almost 6 when it first went off so it was a good hour and fifteen minutes that it was going and I slept through it.  Not that it is her responsibility to wake me, but I have no idea why she waited so long.  Needless to say I was moving like a snail and decided to go in a couple hours late, I was going to be late anyway might as well take my time.

 

Going to my car to leave it felt like a summer day.  It had rained a bit the night before and it amazed my how a little rain effected the grass.  It was so green, vibrant, almost like a shag carpet.  Ok, a shag carpet with some sticky stuff in it, maybe straight pins pulled out of a dress shirts packaging, because there are weeds.  Hmmm maybe it was the weeds growing that made it look so green.  Either way the sun was shining, the gentle breeze was warm, and the colors had a certain glow.  I think it was in the mid 60s at that point.  My day at work was the same as any other Monday.  Lots of catching up and getting things in order for the week.  About 3 in the afternoon I decided to take a break and step outside.  I exited the rear of the building and enjoyed the warmth.  The sky wasn't as blue, as some big white cotton ball clouds had rolled in.  A few coworkers were outside and we chatted a bit.  As we stood there it was like we stepped into the twilight zone.  The wind picked up and anything that wasn'tnailed down flew about.  Dried leaves from last fall were spinning in the air, twigs and gravel lifted off the ground and spun high like they were trying to escape.  The white clouds were moving out quickly and in came dark black/gray clouds rolling like waves in an ocean storm.  They  were so full, it seemed you could stand on the roof and touch them.  The darkness just piled high on top of itself.  Some slightly swirling, or appeared to be.  Lightening flashed and thunder rumbled but not a drop of rain had fallen yet.  Maybe we were on the set of Ghost Busters.  It was so spooky, yet so entrancing.  I couldn't move nor did I want to.  I stood there watching as the storm blew through and over.  I didn't even realize anyone else was there until all of sudden a few drops fell and I headed in with rest of them.  The rain didn't last, but the thought of what I witnessed stayed with me the rest of the day and still lingers with me now. 

 

As I listen to the news in the background as I type they are calling for snow.  WTF!?!  Snow????  The temperature will drop back into the 30s and snow????  OMG!  I guess it's gonna be awhile before I can sit barefoot on the porch and smell the sweetness of the flowers, see the sun sparkle and watch as butterflies linger.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I slept like crap last night, I had to go back to work today and am so tired. Beautiful graphic.  I wish the weather here was warmer already.

Anonymous said...

I am with you on sitting on the porch barefooted.....Here's to warm upcoming days ahead...Love the graphic....TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Aw I love it when you do entrys like this .You arrange words so well ! You turn the every day into exciting ,I told you Maurice did just that with his alarm the other morning too ,and I have been doing the tossing and turning bit , 'Pins from a dress shirt' !! Lovely graphic ....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I want to sit on that porch with you!! I hope you don't get the snow forecast, don't like to think of you freezing again when you've had a taste of spring!! I like to watch stormy weather, it's fascinating to see those big storm clouds rolling in! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

I am all messed up too!  I love this graphic.  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love the story of the storm!  I found myself very quickly wrapped up in it.  But I am afraid of those clouds from living in Florida and seeing so many hurricanes.  I would have ran inside real quick. lmao!  Love your graphic!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Your story is so well written, I enjoyed reading it.  I absolutely love the graphic, looks so inviting.....wish I was there!  My favorite color is pink, so this is one of my favorites!  Hope you sleep better tonight!

Bilinda

Anonymous said...

I loved that!! I was right there feeling the chill as the clouds rolled in obliterating the sun.....
Eve.   She looks just like me on the verandah....I wish!!

Anonymous said...

I have had the same sleeping patterns as you, since the time
changed =(   I feel like a damn zombie at work....lol
Last time i looked at the clock last night was 1am...my alarm
went off at 5am...BLAH!   Hope we can get some rest soon!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

The frame on that graphic is awesome!
I hate storms.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

wow sounds sppoky there!
love,natalie ps beautiful graphic!