Sunday, April 2, 2006

Covert Operation?

               


I am pretty sure I've posted pictures of my backyard in the past.  My yard is fenced in, but the neighbors yard goes back to the cliffs and then spreads out behind my yard.  It is mostly just woods, and very often we see deer back there feeding on the plant life. Yesterday, as I was doing my dishes I looked out my kitchen window and could see what looked like some covert operation going on back there.  I got my camera and went to the back yard to take some shots.  Low and behold I could find no one.  Covert all right!  I waited a bit but still nothing so I retreated back upstairs and to my dishes.  Once again, I could see the images sneaking around in the woods.  Instead of tempting fate and missing them once again, I took the pictures through my window.  I took a few but only a couple were clear enough to make out the fact that were bodies and not my imagination. I watched as they crawled through the muck, ran to hide behind trees or anything else that would keep them from being seen.  I then chuckled and wondered if my neighbor to the other side was watching, wondering.  They are fairly new neighbors and surely have not experienced the covert operations in the back.  Will they call the police?  LOL  So what are they doing?  They are playing splat ball, or whatever, with paint guns.  The guy next door regularly has his buddies over and they spend the entire day running their operation.  There actually was a guy near the shed when I took the picture and thought I captured him, but when I transferred them to the computer I couldn't find him.  Lost again!  I did like how the buds on the tree framed the shed and decided I would put it in the little collage anyway.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting ...and the picture is better for not being too clear makes it more ?.....convert somehow .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That is really cool. Your talents with the visual are fonominal...
Your talents on this just grow more and more each day..

Anonymous said...

My hubby use to play on a professional
Paintball Team....they would travel to be in
tournaments and everything...He LOVED it...
He always looked so cute in his camis...hehe
I have seen many many bruises and welps on him
when he came home ~ but that never stopped him
from going out and doing it again...lol
Great shot!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Fun to watch paintballing and if you are fit then I suppose fun to join in!  Great stress buster.  Eve

Anonymous said...

Not that covert if you caught them!  LOL!  I would freak out if I saw "bodies" lurking about in my woods in the backyard, but if you are used to it, I guess that's okay!  Too funny!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa who wants to live where you do, minus the paintball kids.  ;)

Anonymous said...

well the picture is great, well I don't think I would like people in the woods by my house.  

Anonymous said...

Covert or Overt - I enjoyed the graphic!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Funny, makes you wonder if you are imagining things!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Good thing you knew what was going on . . . I would have been scared to death and called 911 ASAP lol.

Poochie