Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Merry Go Round

             DsDesignsMerryGoRound.gif


Earlier today I posted I woke to snow on the ground this morning.  The drive into work was not bad as the majority of the snow and ice was gone in the direction I had to go.  The Southern Tier was not that lucky.  It never warmed up a great deal but the precipitation changed from snow to rain, to snow, to sleet, more rain.  It was like being on a Merry Go Round.  Why am I surprised?  The past couple of week, hell even months have been just like that.  Mid Jan and we have temps in the mid to high 50s, yet on April we have snow?!?  Very weird weather patterns all over. 

 

I've not given up on spring making an entrance.  The ice boom is gone, and Lake Erie is 6 degrees warmer then normal.  They also put the Maid of the Mist in the water today for a test run.  Seven more days and it will be open for business.  BBbbbrrrrr now that would be one cold ride if the temps don't warm up!  An awesome ride though, and if you ever get to the Falls one that has to be taken! 

 

On another good note the boys beat the Ottawa Senators 5-4 in overtime.  With 6 games left in the season they have 100 points and sit in 4th place in the Conference.  Post Season starts on April 21 and it is the first time in 5 years my boys will take part.  With all the craziness that surrounded the boys with team chemistry, crooks as owners, and bankruptcy, it is such a joy to be back.  Congrats go out to Lindy Ruff for his 300th win.  On a side note, I had a rant ready to go regarding cheap shots but have it on hold right now.  I will just say Darcy Tucker, you suck!  It's players like you and the cheap shots taken by the likes of you that give this game a bad name.  You deserve to be suspended!  I don't agree with Jochen's retaliation shot, but I can't blame him after Tucker's deliberate attempt to injure

 

Ohhh.. and Mother Nature... can you please stop this Merry Go Round?  Let spring enter and let us all enjoy some warm sunny days... palease?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about taking a trip on the boat at Niagra Falls.  We were there once and couldn't believe the incredible beauty.  Pictures are beautiful, but nothing compares to actually seeing it in person, it is just awesome!  Your graphic is so pretty, just perfect with your clever title!

Bilinda

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on Mother Nature...LOL...She is keeping us guessing this year for sure...Love the graphic...TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yep! I think the weather has been weird everywhere. California's weather is more like Oregan's It is rain after rain anfter rain! CRAZY! I absolutely LOVE that graphice you made! It is awesome. I have a thing for merry-go-rounds and I LOVE antique shops and the rain just really made it pop! I love it, it's really beautiful! Take care.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Donna
It never ocurred to me that they have to take The Maid of the Mist out of the water every winter, but it makes sense.  I hope the test runs go okay and that she is in for the season now.  We've had great spring weather down here this week, so I'm not going to complain.  The azaleas are all in bloom and Savannah is at her pretiest right now.  Good news about your boys!  I'm glad they will be a part of the post season play.
Sam

Anonymous said...

yes I would agree it would be one cold ride in this cold weather!  Linda

Anonymous said...

So as you go to work I imagine you singing 'Twelth of never ',all your April snow,we had one little flurry here the other day , it went as soon as it came ,we have lovely spring sunshine now ,just a bit nippy still though !.........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I agree, Spring is too short as it is and leads right into 95 degree heat too quickly for my tastes, so PLEASE bring on at least a few weeks os nice Spring Weather Mother Nature!!!!  Poor Daffodils, they are in shock.  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love the carousel horse in the rainy window pic! Just beautiful!!!
Blessings,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well, Mama Nature did inspire a beautiful graphic!  ;o) - Barbara
Life & Faith in Caneyhead

Anonymous said...

clever entry and Im sick of cold too! my kid is doing well in sports donna
love,nat

Anonymous said...

I love your carousel horse! Our weather feruses to warm up even though it's well into April. Glad your boys won. Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Make that......our weather refuses to warm up!!!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Hey chica, trying to play catch up again.  What a pretty graphic.  I'll trade rides with you any day.  LOL ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I went to Niagara Falls two summers ago.  It was wonderful!  Linda