Saturday, April 1, 2006

Spring Ahead

                DsDesignsSpringForward.gif


Don't forget it's that magical time to set your clocks ahead one hour :)  Nothing like showing up for Mass an hour late.  Even worse if you picked 12:00 to go to.  Uh oh, you missed it!  Stopping at the store late in the day.  Uh oh it's closed!  Turning on the TV for that favorite show.  Uh oh, it's over!

 

Hope everyone had a wonderful April 1.  No gag's on me this year except for a silly card that only got me for a second.  Last year, now that was a different story.  You all know my sister moved in with me about a year and half ago.  Each spring I get this little swarm of something.  The past couple years it had been ants.  We've sprayed and all, but they come back.  So anyway, I warned my sister ahead of time just in case they were going to arrive. 

 

Fast forward.... I get a call from my son.  'Mom, we got ants in the bathroom.'  I groan, 'how many?'  He replies with a grunt which is typical, 'I don't know, a lot.'  So I want to know, are the big ones or the little pesky ones.  'How big are they?'  Another grunt reply, 'huge, Jurassic huge!'  I am pissed thinking they are carpenter ants.  'I'll stop on my way home.'  He replies that he is on his way and he will pick up spray and come right back.  I hang up the phone and I'm fuming.  Why every spring?  Geezzeee I will talk to the landlord when I get home. 

 

Fast forward a bit further.... I get home from work and of course walk in.  Karen is in the kitchen and I ask her how bad.  She replies, 'there are a ton and they are huge.  We just sprayed a few minutes ago.'  I let out a sigh of relief and go to the bathroom to see.  On my way I pass my son on the couch.  No reaction at all, he doesn't even look at me.  I turn to enter the bathroom and there they are.  Jurassic huge was putting it lightly.  On my window, on the towel rack, on the shower curtain.  Big huge black ants.  All looking at me with a sign that says 'April Fools.'  Well, Martha Karen got me.  She made huge ants out of construction paper and taped them up.  All of them had iddie biddie eyes looking at me.  She got me but good!  I couldn't believe she got Steve to go along, but he did.  Worked like a charm. 

 

This year... no ants!  LOL

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

LOVE that sister of yours!  She is a trip!!!!!!  Thanks for the reminder about tonight, YIKES, I would have forgotten!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA@ the ants april fools....good one!
Your card was the only thing that got me this year,
no april fools calls or nothing.... people just wasn't into it this
year in my neck of the woods.... Thanks for the card i needed the laugh =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Har, har, they got you good!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh the little mischiefs ,I love your clock !How are you today an hour short in bed ?Just been over to Jeannettes ,what a feast of pics there ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

They got you good last year, I bet you were waiting to see what they'd do this year!! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Awesome graphic. We had carpenter ants in our other house and one bit me so be careful. It hurt and I will never forget it. Of course, the ant died:)
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Okay so I "thought" I was helping people out by reminding them to set their clocks BACK . . . I was wrong huh lol.

I didn't get ANYONE on April Fool's because I don't lie very well lol. No one got me either because I don't believe very well either lol. They got you good though !!

Poochie

Anonymous said...

Sorry but had to laugh ~ their ANTics really got you LOL
hugs ~x Debbie x~