Friday, April 14, 2006

Curious.........

                     DsDesignsPrayer.gif


I've been thinking about this a couple days and thought today was a good day to pose the question.  In your eyes, what is a Christian?  Is it someone who proclaims the love of God, who quotes scripture, flaunts religious graphics?  Is it what they say?  What they do?  Or a combination of both?

 

I'm amazed with these self proclaimed Christians who flaunt their religious beliefs yet fail to live by them.  Going to church does not make you a Christian if in fact you walk out and curse a neighbors life style, child, or habits.  Saying God Bless means nothing if you don't live a 'blessed' life.  Reading scripture and twisting it to fit your needs at any given moment, breaking rules and attempting to manipulate folks into going with your interpretation of the rules with threats and storming off when one does not give in.  This in my eyes is not a Christian, but a 'wannabe.'  I am far from perfect, and never claim to be.  I am human and I make mistakes.  I try to live a fair, giving, loving life.  I don't stomp off if someone's beliefs are not the same as mine.  I don't intentionally disrespect anyone's wishes or dreams.  I don't try to manipulate people to give me what I want.  I respect the work of others, and if I inadvertently disrespect something and it is called to my attention I do not turn my back and storm off pretending to never know the person.  I work with them to resolve the issues and make things right. 

 

I stopped at the store today after work to pick up a few things for my Easter dinner.  I was amazed at the folks arguing, grabbing, abusing others as they were shopping for their Holiday goodies.  Christians?  I think not!  I am amazed!

 

Treat people with the same respect you expect whether it is in their work, their beliefs, their lifestyle.  No one is perfect and we all have rights.  What a wonderful world it would be without theft, lies, manipulation....................  I am amazed!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful world indeed! However this world is far from perfect, the best we can do is pray for everyone, that they might come to see the light. I have always been amazed at those who go to Church every Sun & say they are Christians, yet during the week live life as "they want to". This has been happening since the beginning & I don't see it stopping any time soon, sadly.
Loved your entry & the pic was great as always.
Blessings to you & family on theis Holy wkend,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a great entry!  I agree with this totally.  We just did a six week Bible study on this (sorta!) it was called LOVE LOCK LIVE.  It was about loving God, loving others (cuz the two greatest commandaments were Love the Lord your God and love your neighbor as yourself) Locking arms with others and living open handedly.  It was an awesome 6 weeks.  When we did the survey on what was the biggest thing that we got out of L3 and what thing we would be practicing the most all of us said that we were going to work hard at not judging others!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry Donna . . . and very TRUE :)

I hope you have a wonderful Easter !!

Peace & Blessings to you and your family,
Poochie

Anonymous said...

Donna
This is very well said and your keen sense of observatiuon has not let you down. You are right, we are all human and prone to mistakes.   It is how we deal with these mistakes and how we interact with our fellow man that defines us.  I believe you are on the right track here.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I agree...trouble is I am finding that I am becoming"angry" .  So fed up of rudeness and bad manners from people when shopping etc that I want to retaliate and behave towards them as they do to me. Good manners and good behaviour seem to be considered as a weakness now by not just some young folks but the older ones too who you would expect to know better.  Its very hard to always smile and turn the other cheek!!  Eve

Anonymous said...

This is certainly a thought provoking entry.  I agree with your opinion completely.  The world would be so much better if everyone would look within themselves and treat others as they wish to be treated.  Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter.

~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

The world has sure gone crazy and whether it is about being a good Christian or an even more simple thought:  people do not remember their manners and it's all about them, it's tough to watch.  And somedays, I admit, it's tough to be good all day!  But being good and kind and caring comes naturally to me.  But there are days ....

Anonymous said...

What a thought provoking entry Donna ,I do so agree,and you got a good responce ,told you ,your words were as good as your pictures!its  the way we live our lives ,and though very old now !The Ten Camandments are still a good guide line to TRY to follow .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good for you putting this entry in, especially at this time of the year!!  I sometimes find that the most religious people (who claim they are at least) are the most judgemental, narrow-minded people in the world.  It's either their way or no way at all.  I am sure God/Higher Power/Goddess/etc. wouldn't want anyone to be that way, but there they are sitting in judgment of all of us and saying they will "pray for you" because you aren't their religion.  I feel the same way as you do, live your life respecting others, helping when you can, giving when you can and what you can to others, and just being an overall good person.  That to me is a good Christian.
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Dearest Donna,
Sometimes peole get stressed out as your fellow shoppers probably were.
I do think that the pace of our life in citites in particular is extermely fast and frustrating! I once was ona very small lane and a mom and her littel kid were across from me walking alittel bit  ahead of me. Well this lady in a BMW new 4door sped in teh same lane as I was in ( not adhering to less speed with) and she almost killed that kid becasue the kid was crossing the road. Well then She got in front of me an  honked at me! I looked at her, opened my window and yelled "You crazy woman! You almost hit a kid! What are you thinking????My goal was to wake her up. She looked very startled.I think that we are in great need of love and compassion as asociety. After veryone starts this behavior again we can "fine tune" and start helping eahc other more.
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna,
Jesus stood for :Love, Compassion, fellowship instead of business at church, love of God and your neighbor, love of self, true healing of hurts that some neighbors have inflicted upon us.I like the fact that Jesus had a Mother and we may pray to her to help us as well. Happy Easter!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Amen so agree...hugs...TerryAnn