Sunday, April 30, 2006

The View!

                  DsDesignsSpringWindow.gif


I only wish it were from my window, or do I?  Sure it is pretty and the sounds would be different.  Crickets all night, the soft hummm of bees as they skip from flower to flower.  A gentle rustle as something unknown runs through the tall grass.  The sound of cars and the rumble of motorcycles would only be at a distance, and from the looks of things it would be a pretty far distance.  I don't think I would be in the changed flight plan for the airport and I am pretty sure I would not hear the rumble of what sounded like a train only to look out my window and have it appear there was a car in the sky.  Peace and quiet, beauty all around.  Mmmmm that sounds so very nice!  A longer commute to work, no neighbors to yell hello to or help during the winter dig outs.  Friends and family not close by.  What would I be willing to give up to have this view?  Honestly, not much. 

 

I have some wild life behind my house.  Besides the covert operations you saw earlier it is not unusual to see a family of deer roam around looking for food.  Wild turkeys, ducks, and geese.  I am not in the heart of the city but close enough to all the necessities.  My entire family lives within minutes and most importantly my son is around the corner.  If I was a spitter I might be able to hit his back porch.  I couldn't give that up.  I love the hustle and bustle of my life right were I am.  I get the quiet when I need it and the noise and commotion on a regular basis. 

 

We are in for another beautiful day if the morning is any sign.  It's 10 o'clock and it's 64 degrees.  I will take it!  The sky is blue with a few cotton candy clouds here and there.  Since it is Sunday the noise level is very low.  Only a few cars have passed by since I've been sitting on the computer.  An occasional bark of a dog as it runs through their yard.  :::giggle::: chasing a duck?  The gentle sound of my CPU and low sound of the news on TV in the background.  Smell of coffee is filling the house.  Aaah Sunday morning! 

 

No major plans for the day other then sitting in front of my TV at 3 to watch my boys.  Today is game 5 and the series is tied at 2.  When round one is over I will post the complete results along with the next round for you to pick.  For those of you trying to keep track two of the series are over.  Ottawa won 4-1 over Tampa Bay and New Joisey won 4-0 over the NY Rangers.  Two more could end today depending on the game results.  Colorado is beating Dallas 3-1.  I am thrilled for Theodore (the new goalie for the Avs), but I liked him much better in Montreal!  Besides, right now my friends from the Dallas area are in shock and disbelief.  San Jose can also finish things off today, they lead Nashville 3-1.

 

Well, my stomach is dancing and singing a lovely song so I am off to do some breakfast.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What  a writer !    lovely entry ..are you the lady that also makes those lovely graphics ,a clever all rounder wouldnt you say folks?..bet you could even spit further than me too .Wonderful !        clever girl ......with love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It sounds lovely enjoy your Sunday :o)
~*~Carolyn~*~

Anonymous said...

The view looks lovely but think of all the dust off that dirt track coming indoors in the long hot summers!! I live in the city centre, I love it; I'm afraid I'm a town snob!! I do love to get away into the country but I like to live in the centre of town. Have a lovely day, hope your boys win. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful view and beautiful entry as well.
Hugs,
Dianna

Anonymous said...

I like your view! I have several window grraphics i've collected & love them!
Blessings, SUGAR

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful....I need to get around and get out of here today...takecare and have an awesome day...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic, that is SO neat!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Great effect! Lovely! Blessings, Sassy