Saturday, April 22, 2006

Spring Showers

                   DsDesignsVivianFlaschViviansPorchSp.gif


I know I hadn't mentioned this, and shame on me!  My sister is the absolute best!  I got home from work on Thurs. and she had started painting the living room and hallway.  We don't call her Martha Karen for nothing!  She has been on spring break and decided to undertake the project.  We have popcorn ceilings and let me just say if I ever meet the person who invented that, watch out!  I will just have to kill them!!  And surely she will want a turn since she did all the painting this time around.  She did more on Friday and started the hall.  My other sister had called and invited us to dinner, so she cleaned up and I met her there after work.  Dinner was the bomb but I had to come home to get some hockey in.  The satellite service my sister has did not have one game on.  Whhhatt?  Me without hockey on the first day of post season?  I think not!  The games were good, with no surprises really, although Edmonton did give Detroit a run for their money.  Our first game is tonight and I am so stoked!!

 

We had some showers late last night and early this morning which made the temperature drop.  It's back to the mid 50s, but we have green!  Lots of green!  The grass is bright and the buds have sprouted exposing all different shades of green, yellow, purples, pinks and red.  It's magnificent!

 

I saw this graphic and thoughts of sitting on the porch with a steady rainfall outside came to mind.  I am thrilled with the results.  So thrilled in fact, that I am actually putting it on both journals, so if you want it personalized with your name stop by my tag journal and leave a comment. 

 

Got a few things to do prior to the drop of the puck.  Hope everyone has a great day!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!  You're sister is a living, breathing DOLL!  We've so many walls to paint and the estimates just keep on getting better.  I really don't want to resort to me being the painter, but think I may have to.  Send Martha Karen here.  I promise, not textured anything!  LOL

Anonymous said...

I love it. We're having more than showers here today. Earlier we had a deluge but it stopped.
I'll be over:)
I have to chuckle @ whenever I see you calling her "Martha" Karen. LOL
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Your sister is a babe ,so thats two of you ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel for her ith painting popcorn ceiling those are a ummm....PAIN to paint!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I love it, beautiful :o)
What a nice sister you have!
~*~Carolyn~*~

Anonymous said...

Love this also....you can send Martha Karen my way anytime she has a break..lol...Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wonderful
love,nat

Anonymous said...

I love that tag!
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh the hockey's about to start YIPPEE, hope my picks turn out to be good ones :-) Lovely graphics as always D !!
take care, love Debbie ~xxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow...to your sister...We have had some rain too....and it will be in the 50's here tomorrow...stay dry and warm...hugs...TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

h