Thursday, April 20, 2006

Summer Dreams

 DsDesignsSummerDreams.gif


The weather has been absolutely wonderful here the last couple of days.  Sure, some of you have been 'rubbing in' the nice weather for a bit.  LOL  Here in the great white north April temps are usually around 50-60 with a couple of tease days thrown in for good measure.  Well, this week we've had those tease days.  Highs in the 70's with blue sky and a warm sun.  A nice subtle breeze that actually had a hint of summer scents. 

 

Work has a picnic table set up out back for relaxing in the nice weather.  It's in the parking lot mind you, but it is a nice touch and effort.  It sits off to one side next to a fence and below a huge maple tree.  We've wondered which came first, the fence or the tree.  We think as the tree grew and the trunk widened it pushed up against the fence causing the chain links to become embedded in the bark.  It's so deep in spots it actually disappears only to reappear a few inches away.

 

Today several of us sat out there for a little break and to soak up the sun.  The tree was covered with buds.  The silky covers on some were pushed back as the leaves were exposing their toes to warmth.  The vibrant green added a nice touch to what has been a dreary scene the past several months.  If the weather stays this warm it will only be a matter of days before all the leaves are exposed and bright green will be seen everywhere.  The sweet smell of blossoms on the trees next door drifted over to us and filled our nostrils.  The squirrels ran around looking for something new, we saw a few lady bugs, and a couple of bees.  Ants were busy looking for food as they came out of their winter shelters.  Crows flew overhead and screamed to each other that it was safe, warm, and fun to fly from tree to tree, with an occasional stop on a roof top.  Every once in a while the wind would blow just right and you'd get a whiff of Cheerio's being baked at the General Mills plant on the other side of the city.  You'd hear music escaping through an open window of a car, kids giggling and playing in a nearby yard.  It was horrible having to go back inside.  I wanted to sit there the remainder of the day and let the sun kiss my bare skin.  Think of days on the beach, sleeping with my window open as the warm evening breeze and crickets singing lulls me to sleep, short sleeves, shorts, and open toe shoes.  Summer Dreams!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooo very cool!

Anonymous said...

I love your entry tonight...... you described everything so well.... I was imagining I was right there with you :)
The graphic is amazing... just the perfect breeze.... I am feeling it :)
Good night, Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love this graphic!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You're so descriptive when you write, it's like I'm actually there witnessing it for myself.....I absolutely love your graphic, it's just beautiful!!!  When it was first coming up I thought it was going to be sheets on a clothesline, blowing in the breeze.  I don't know how you do it, but it is so lifelike!!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry,and as I said before, and others think the same ,your words are like your pictures so discriptive ,and you've done your washing! .;>)....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I want to o and lay inside that graphic
Enjoy your day Hugs, Marina


Anonymous said...

I love going outside for lunch and breaks when it is nice out!  I love this graphic!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds so beautiful!have a great weekend
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Sounds nice :o)
I have summer year-round LOL
~*~Carolyn~*~

Anonymous said...

wow, I feel I can just reach out and touch them!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I LOVE that graphic!!!  It's perfect for the wind we have been having all week long.  Makes me want to have a clothesline!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That`s the one down side to taking your break outdoors....you never want to go back inside!!  Love the graphic.
Hugs,
penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your work has a relaxing spot like that for you. We have had a few days of nice weather here too finally! It's wonderful!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

WOW......felt like I was there !! Lovely description of your lunch break. The graphic is brilliant ~ so clever ! Happy Summer dreams to you :-)
love n hugs Debbie ~xxxx~

Anonymous said...

Not me I learned my lesson...lol...no more rubbing in the nice weather thing...but it has been beautiful here as well...Boy was I ready...love all the graphics...TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, warm days at the beach.  Of course, it's already warm here in FL but I haven't been to the beach yet.  Going tomorrow to the Florida Coastal Cleanup but we are going to clean up one of the rivers here instead of the beach.  Last year we pulled grocery carts out of the river. lol I just love that graphic.  So very pretty!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

D, this tag is awesome.  LOL...I love to watch clothes floating on a clothesline.  This is what it reminds me of.  Of course, my day of hanging clothes on a line are long gone.  Tooooo pretty...I just want to stay here and watch it.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an idyllic little spot. Love the flowing graphic.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Oh.    My.    Gawwwwwwd.  This graphic is AMAZING!  Exaclty me.  You STINKer for not letting us snag/tag!  No fair!  LOL ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are talented... great tag... love the entry too.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh D!  Great graphic.  I want it!  I want it!  I want it!  Now that I've had my hissy fit.... it's all good.  LOL.  Nice entry tonight!