Sunday, November 26, 2006

Shopping... Vintage Style

Ok, so we drove in a car powered by gas, we had music playing as we drove, it was over 60 degrees out and we only wore fleece type jackets, and all the stores were powered with electricity and had digital cash registers.  What?  That isn't vintage?  Oh, I think the vintage was meant just for the graphics :)~

 

Shopping was good.  You'd never have thought it was the end of November.  It was warm, a slight breeze, the sun was shining and you could smell leaves and wood fires burning off in the distance.  Houses were decorated and the streets in town were festive.  I almost felt like I was back in Dallas with the warm weather.  No worries, I know it won't last long.   I even heard in one of the stores we were in, that the October storm was predicted and that we'd get two more in December but the rest of the winter would be fairly mild.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

 

We made it in time to do a few boutiques, and it was so much fun.  We saw some really neat items and homemade crafts.  I will definitely be taking another ride when I have more time and less people.  It's a blast to go shopping with my Mom and sisters, but so much time is wasted looking for each other or waiting for others to finish looking.  I'm the type of shopper who knows more or less what she's looking for and does the in and out thing.  I was looking for something different for a girl I work with, we pick names and will be exchanging mid December.  I was not successful this trip, but I'll know when I see it.

 

Overall we didn't really buy a whole lot.  We did a lot of eewwwing and aaahhhing, but in some of the shops the items were way out of our price range!  I can't list what I got as family members read this and I want things to be a surprise.  It's actually going to be fairly easy again this year.   I come from a family of 7 children and we stopped exchanging long ago.  We've done a few different things in the past.  Theme baskets, picking names, and years ago we did treat baskets.  Everyone would bring 8 of one thing.. like 8 bottles of wine, 8 cheese and crackers, 8 summer sausage, whatever.  When we got to my parents we would then take out 7 and put one in each of the other baskets.  We'd all end up with a basket of treats (or whatever).  It always came in handy around the holidays as you always had goodies if you had guests stop.  It was perfect!  This year we decided to do gift certificates for dinner.  We will just put them in an envelope and pick one when the time comes.  The kids, all 9 of them pick names.  Since they are all grown now it works out nice.  They set a dollar limit and they shop.  It's nice now that they are all working :)  With that said, I don't have to get too many actual gifts.  Once again without doubt I will spoil my son and the kids rotten.  How can you not?  Plus, Santa will put something under that tree for me too.  LOL

 

I can't believe it is after 11 and my time off is over.  I always hate Mondays, but this one is going to be even more dreadful.  I've not had to get up and move nor have I really had to think much these last few days.  The psychedelic colors/images don't count.  Remember?  It was the drugs!  LOL  Anyway with it being late and I need to get my arse up and moving I should get to bed.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and maybe you can all find some good, happy vibes to send my way for my first day back to work.  A little extra energy wouldn't hurt either ::grin::  Thanks, you guys ROCK!  Good Night.

 

Hugs

~d 

 

 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


             Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


              Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun!  I love the basket idea for Xmas.  
Love the vintage graphics.  Soooooo pretty as always.
Hope your Monday is ok and not too hard on you.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

All these  are awesome!  Hope you have a good week!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having a blast!
love you,natalie

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking about you going back to work today ugh,  I hope it all goes well ,You didnt say if you bought some thing special for that special person who has been very brave this week ,just think its a week now since you were agonising about tomorrow ,isnt it lovely its over now ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

OH man sounds like fun wish you had taken a camer to share pics. Yeah I hate tihs wehater really it made shopping seem like just another fall day not the cold almost december ........... not black friday it is suppose to be cold!!!!!!!!!! I tell you im ready for winter bring it on!!!!!!!!!! hopeyour day goes better than you think. I know you havent had to get up and get moving last few days. I know its hard to get back into routine. Wish you had antoher week off. BUt I KNOW you owe you owe so to work you go. I love your vintage graphics I JUST LOVE TEM

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphics!  I hope one day I can enjoy shopping and ooohing and ahhhing over things in the mall or store.  Too much pressure right now, but my hubby is always telling me that one day we will enjoy it when we are shopping for our grandchildren.  Can't wait for that!  Hope you have a good day today and make it through feeling okay!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a chance to hit the shopping trail with the fmaily.  Good luck at work today, we'll all be thinking about you making it through the day okay.  Nice graphics, as always!  Home and that couch is gonna sound special to you this afternoon!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Beautiful vintage graphics!  Sounds like you had fun and I love the idea of the baskets.

Have a good day and I know you will be just fine. You will probably be ready for a nap when you get home. I will send you some positive thoughts through out the day! Hugs

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time out and about.....i never have time to take time to look around much and it irritates those i am with...plus i rarely have the cash to buy anyway! I love gift cards....esp. to places to eat. I will hope that this Monday is not so bad for you and you are feeling better.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

love the graphics, and am sending you lots of good vibes for monday. (((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE SHOPPING :) V

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your shopping went well...I too hate looking for everyone in the stores (family that is) everyone disappears in different directions :)

~Debbie
http://journals.aol.com/derasta/mybigfatgreeklife/
http://journals.aol.com/derasta/aderastacreation/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a whopping good shopping trip, Donna. All strength for the week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Well, who cares how much was purchases?  It's about the experience!  Hope you had a happy day back to work!

Anonymous said...

We went shopping this weekend , i bought more for myself...than for others :x   haha...i couldn't resist some of the bargains...i only have less than a month left to finish up my shopping...DOH!!!  
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I'm going to do some Christmas  shopping soon I hope but right now I am making most of the items this year as finances won't let me participate the way I would really like to do.  I love the graphics and to me they yell vintage so snagging them, no problem.  Thanks. lol
We had 70s here in Atlanta.  At the end of November.  Unheard of.
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/

Anonymous said...

They are ALL lovely!

- Jessica