Tuesday, November 28, 2006

~ Sunshine & Snags ~

Good news... ah yes... the sun was still shining today and the temperatures were in the 60's.  I'm in an absolutely great mood.  I pushed my dentist appointment up to today because I really needed the adjustments.  She took out the stitches and smoothed out the rough spots.  What a difference!!  They feel much better, and now that those sores are on the way to healing and the plates are sitting better.   I did notice a few more rough spots, yet they are no where near as bad!  I am still in shock over the difference.  I will be getting back in there in a few days to take care of the rest and have another adjustment as things will continue to change as I heal.  That, however, is not the sunshine I was referring to in my title.

 

What sunshine you ask?  I'm talking about the sunshine that is being blown up our asses from the folks who are here to help with journal issues.  Or maybe sunshine is being blown up theirs and they are just passing it on.  Alerts don't go out, folks can't edit or add entries.  We express our concerns and low and behold it's fixed but file manager doesn't work.  The URL expired?  What the hell is that?  The only time I've heard a URL not working is because it was changed, not because it expired.  We are given that sunshine and told to do this, go here, click this, and only load one file at a time and things will be fine, they'll work.  Bull shit!  I know I'm not the only one still having issues and getting the 'page has expired'.  You have to try repeatedly before you can even get there to try and upload that one file.  They say it works fine for them, it's a temporary fix and they are still working on it.  Well folks, go buy some lottery tickets!  Let me suggest Mega Ball, as you are the luckiest damn people in the world if you are not experiencing the same issues.  Or... maybe you really haven't tried?  Maybe you are just blowing sunshine up our asses?! 

 

Then today, journals won't open or are slow.  More often then not they didn't open.  Oh, Pamela Anderson filed for divorce.  Who gives a rats ass!?!  Ok, so some folks do care.  Why I don't know, but I will give the benefit of the doubt that some one actually does care.  But as I sat here today it dawned on me that with the last issues the same thing happened as they supposedly tried to fix it.  What excuse was it then?  Paris Hilton?  Brittney Spears?  So often I hear the bullshit I can't remember the order.  You can't be some what proactive as you know when news breaks this could happen? It wasn't adjusted 'just in case' after the last few times it happened?  I'm not a tech person, and will not even try to be one.  I just know these cannot be coincidences.  Not each and every time, and more and more often.  Why not just come out and be honest.  Say someone F'ed up and we don't know how to fix it, bare with us.  Don't send me on a wild goose chase telling me things will work this way when you know damn well it doesn't.  I'm no brain surgeon, but I sure as hell am smarter then you are giving me credit for.  Please don't insult us in this manner! 

 

Aaaahhhh..... you think it was by accident that my first graphic is that of an elf with the mistletoe over his ass?  No way in hell, take it for what it is worth!  Forgive me readers, I don't mean you... that is unless .......   Ohhhh.. and I did use file manager to load just that one.  It took me 4 tries to get past the page has timed out, but I did do it the way Bam Bam said.... but it works.... ??????????????? Oh warning, there is a bare bum in the snags.. LOL

 

Ok, done with the rant, just tired of folks making excuses.  I'm also tired of folks posting links to this bullshit like it is giving us news of a fix.  It's sunshine folks... just sunshine :)  It's late and I'm tired.  Let's hope hump day proves to be better here in J-Land.  Can't wait to see what 'fix' we get, only to find something else 'expired'. 

 

I am happy.. and no drugs.. just an opinion of this little 'ole lady. Thanks for humoring me by reading :)

 

Hugs

~d

 

 


          Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


               Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


       Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


               Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you woman! I have to tell you even though I have never heard your voice, but girl, this entry screams PISSED OFF...lol...I understand too...but heck, they are always updating....We only get to sigh next year when we have so many other options available to us...but it does feel like tredging water to get there....I have to go read journals while I have a chance..lol....glad to know your mouth is doing better....very glad for that...and very glad I could read about it...-Raven

Anonymous said...

Bravo i hate when they add something then all hell breaks loose quit adding the crap that doesn't work thats what i say anyway have a good hump day

Deb

Anonymous said...

lol...I left a comment on one of their journals that about sums up how you feel about whoever's divorce! lol I could care less about it too.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

That mouse is the sweetest little thing!  I use photobucket..could never get file manager to ever work...I have been having a hell of a time with journals forever it seems! I am so busy with kids I give up and try later! Well hope things get better soon...glad to hear your mouth is better!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Ah Ha, I was not the only one! Could not post anything right  or edit to fix it, or reply to mail when I got in and error shut downs about 20 times right out of AOLs door, yes I get stubburn too. ;)

Sure glad your mouth and teeth are getting better! I had alot of my pre- tests done and now the next time maybe the surgery? With a few more tests to make sure I am in good condition for it. This sounds so serious with lazer!
I am thinking good thoughts for all the doctors, that they are happy , healthy and of sound mind that day! :)

Great snags as always, D !

Hugs,
Ann

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! Hope you have better luck with aol tomorrow! It really can be a PITA sometimes! The graphics are precious!

Tomorrow

Anonymous said...

AOHell has been playing us all up ~ I had to switch off as I couldn't do anything not even access my own journal ~
I am so glad you are feeling better ~
I snagged the little silly mouse I think he is adorable ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

So glad you are so much better.Also you sound just like myself on reading this LOL!! P----- O-- completely I am.Sometimes it makes me want to give up in J/land.I couldn't get to do a thing yesterday in between being ill,with flu I tried but nothing.The snags are brilliant LMAO at the little mouse, just had to bring him over the pond to live with me.I hate mice ,terrified of them I am, lol,but maybe looking at this little fellow,I can be convinced they are harmless and so cute,only that they eat and chew,everything in sight .He can eat everything he wishes. I love him LOL!!It won't be long now and your mouth will soon be back tnormal.Whoopee,then you can be just as the little mouse and nosh everything in sight yourself this Xmas Donna......Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Take care.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ah I agree with you. I dont use file manager I use MYFTPSPACE. I havent had anyprobs with that. HEY I FINALLY GOT MY ENTRY UP OF what  I been trying to share for a week. dont know that it will be up long as I dont wnat the bad vibes going out. But I made it up. yeah I been complaining for a week about aol video. Can you tell me if the video comes up if you click onthe video on the welcome screen news section. I d like to be able to say its not just me. You know I havent heard an answer from them yet. I agree i hate when they try to blame your pc  or you and give you useless stuff they think its keeping you busy. I love your graphics the second one looks so homey and peaceful

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that I haven't been getting comments lately but assumed it was because people were bored with me.  I should have figured it was AOL.  I have had to log off and on numerous times per day because a journal I want to read won't open up.  I did read how the problem was caused by the server "crashing because of Pamela Anderson's divorce".  They find it amusing.  I don't.  But, I have AOL for free so I don't expect good service.  Even when I paid the service SUCKED!  I love the way the shoes curl up on your little elf.  ;)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

happy to hear your on the mend. my sister went back and forth to dentist for months with those rough spots. love the graphics, they are adorable. i snagged me a few. thank you. ((((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

i told AOL they can kiss my ass, twice if they'd like, in my latest entry. I am so sick and tired of this.
I love your attitude. You always crack me up.
Love the tags too.
XO XO lj

Anonymous said...

Well, the journal issues are a pain in the place that the sun doesn't shine..;)  Still can't get music on my computer...from the journal sites..even mine, much less yours.  ok at work..so maybe it's my computer....  who do you send messages to with problems on AOL?  I can never find the darn email address.  Oh, well,  thanks for your entry..... love the graphics as par usual.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Happy Hump Day, Donna.
Indeed who cares about Pamela Anderson, gave my opinion in code on my blog. It's not the URL expiring, it's the Keyword. Agreed, a load of procreative orbs.

Guido

Anonymous said...

ROFL at the kiss my ass, D!  I swear AOL has become a nightmare since they've added the option of going "free."  If you can't support your services, don't offer freedom at the risk of loss of service.  Love your tags!  I love the old fashioned, little girls one.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, You Rock girl!!! I had the same issues with AOL, Noted it in my enry. Worked 2 hours on it and AOl, spit it back at me. It sucks!!  I am glad to see you feeling a little better. Love your spirit...Keep Rockin, Riss

Anonymous said...

You go girl, You tell it as it is, a brilliant entry, love every word of it, I hope that you have forwarded this to whoever is in charge, I'm so p~~~~d of with AOHELL at the moment, just like everyone else in J~Land, who gives a dam about Pamela flipping Anderson and her divorce, its only done as a publicity stunt anyway,
Pleased that your mouth is healing and that you have got rid of some of your rough bits, its not nice when your dentures rub  I have 4 top front teeth on a plate, and they drive me barmy at times,   have thought about having all the rest out, just got to pluck up the courage oh and find the money,
loved the tags tonight snagged most of them
take care Lynne xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillywooat62/WelcometomyWorld/

Anonymous said...

I'm loving it!  Way to go!  AOHell again I know.

Anonymous said...

I am so far behind in journal reading that I wasn't even aware there was or is a problem. lol  I don't use file manager anyway though, wouldn't even know how to open it.  But I am glad that you are feeling better with your teeth.  I am putting that off (the dentist) myself. Hope you are having a great Wed.  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Ok, I know this is going to sound really weird.  You will think I need to be locked away somewhere.
As soon as I saw the word sunshine in the title of your entry, the Brady Bunch singing Sunshine Day started playing around in my head.  Remember way back and they did some shows where they sang?

I'll leave now.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Amen sista!!!
You crack me up when you are mad...
Let em' have it Donna!

Hugss.~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I won't even GO there about AOHELL!!! Errrrrrrrr!! But your graphics.......they never seece (sp) to amaze me. I always love them and often they alone bring a smile to my face. They are truly amazing Donna. ;-)

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a mess AOL is now, huh?  I'm glad your mouth is doing better.  Hopefully it'll heal soon.  
Love the snags.  Very pretty!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

woah! u tell em!

Anonymous said...

I know, Donna, I tried to load up one of your tags a couple of days ago, and of course I had to attempt the file manager because it was one of those with the snow, and it didn't work. I tried several times, like you did. I finally gave up, emailed them about it, they told me what to do, but it sounds so complicated. I then wondered what were you going to do with all those lovely tags you create... I imagined you weren't too thrilled about it. I came to see how you were doing, glad to hear the good news about the teeth. I do hope they fix the technical problem soon. Just when I learned how to add motion graphics to my journal, there seems to be a "snag" in the process <grin>.  Bea'

http://beta.journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about aol hell had it too! But your misletoe tag ....well it`s FABBY as usual and the position of the mistletoe so appropriate!!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

So pleased your mouth is beginning to feel more comfortable,Icant help thinking you are right about the sunshine ,or hot air, not alot of differance really ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You rock!
I know this was a few a go but I thought it deserved a comment.
Well done on a good rant.
AOL is a load of smelly oldmans underpants festering in the corner of a room in a rickety old house full of slugs, cockroaches, snot and pigeon poop!
:o)