Monday, November 27, 2006

Winter Wonderland

Oh, yeah, right!  Winter Wonderland?  I'm in what is called the snow capital of the world by the media, it's the end of November, after 11:00 at night and it is almost 60 degrees!  Winter Wonderland my ass!  Hmmm... but it appears Seattle is experiencing some winter weather as I saw it on Monday Night Football.  Aaaahhh and the media says it always rains there.  Go figure.  You need to know the weather?  Look outside! 

 

It's no wonder so many people have the crud, no one knows how to dress!   I know it sounds like I'm complaining, and maybe some where in my subconscious I am, but I really don't mind the nice weather.  I know that it won't be long before the cold and snow arrive to stay.  Maybe I just get so tired of folks thinking it snows here 11 months a year.  I was on the phone with someone from down south today and when they found out I where I was, they asked how much snow we had.  Grrrrr  Apparently they thought we still had the snow that fell back in October.  They were genuinely surprised when I said it had melted the next day.  Maybe I should have said I needed to put my snow shoes on and walk to work as there was just so much snow the roads were closed. 

 

Do I sound crabby?  As I went back and read that it almost sounded like I was bitching.  LOL  I'm not, I'm being a bit sarcastic and silly.  For a Monday night I am actually in a great mood, you know how I hate Mondays!  Work was not bad.  My desk was not piled high for a change, but I did have a few voice mails and several emails.  Before I knew it the clock was striking 10.  Thanks for all the energy, all the good vibes helped!!  I wasn't in too much pain and I was able to eat my soup without incident.  Some folks knew what was going on and immediately sought me out to see how I made out.  The compliments made me feel really good but then also made me think how right I was and they were bad before.  Only one person that did not know made a comment.  We were standing talking aboutsomething else and she mentioned something looked different.  I was waiting for her to ask if I got my hair cut or something, but before I could say anything she asked me to smile again.  She thought I had veneer's, and commented on how pretty they looked.  She also made mention, like so many others have, that I talked different.  Not that I'm talking like I have a mouth full of shit, but rather that I am not so self conscious and I open my mouth freely as I talk, I smile freely. I no longer make every effort to cover my teeth by not opening my mouth properly.  YEAH!! I also have been feeling great.  The pain I had prior is gone.  No more headaches and no more issues with my sinuses.   They say mouth/teeth issues can cause so many other problems and I have to say I agree.  Or.... it's the drugs talking and it's all in my head.

 

Like I said I'm in a great mood and was feeling a bit silly today, so I just played around with a few graphics.  They are all over the board, but I had fun doing them.  Maybe you'll find something you like.  I have to say the abominable snowman in the bath cracked me up.   The little 'critter' making the snowman looks like he has something in his hat trying to escape.  Not the effect I was looking for but what the hell... LOL 

 

Remember, when saving animation you need to save as a .GIF file.  If AOL does not give you that option, select all files and then before saving type in .GIF after the file name I gave it.  Saving any other way will cause the animation to be lost.  Also AOL pictures and animation are not compatible.

 

 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

                 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 

                                    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

                       Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 

              Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 

Tink is available on my tag journal.  I know I shouldn't post it here as I really want you to leave a comment over there or email me at MyDsDesigns@aol.com so I can keep things straight and not miss a request, but I know some visitors here would like it and don't always go to that journal or have it on alerts.  Ok, and I thought I'd pimp myself too.  LOL  But please, help this gal out and send the requests there.  Goood gaaawd the drugs could really cause some confusion this time around :)~

 

                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

 

Off to bed... again thanks for the good vibes and energy.  Let's hope tomorrow is as smooth. 

 

Hugs

~d

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new graphics are so pretty!!  Thanks for sharing them.  I think you do great artwork on OR off the drugs!!  LOL!
Glad your first day wasn't too bad.  Isn't it nice to be able to just smile and not think about it?  Now go take your pain meds...and SLEEP!  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna,
Love to you!
awesome work posted and very funny entry! glad you're feeling spritely Donna! love,nat

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna,
Love to you!
awesome work posted and very funny entry! gld yuo're feeling spritely Donna! love,nat

Anonymous said...

So happy that yesterday went well for you at work!!  I know what it feels like to want to hide your mouth when you laugh or talk because of a teeth issue, so that must be so freeing not to have to do that anymore!  Nice that people actually noticed too!!!  And, hey, I thought Buffalo had snow all year 'round?  What do you mean you don't!!?  Hee-hee!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Donna
Glad to hear you had a good day on your first day back at work.  The comments from your fellow staff and co-workers really must have made you happy that you went through all of this.  Your graphics are great, as usual.  Hope today goes just as well for you!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, D, I love the Winter Wondeland one.  That gnomy guy is so darned weird but absolutely adorable!  Now, I know I have to snag that one.  Love the Santa and his lovely in the window.  I had a few window panes last year but can't find them for the life of me.  

I have to laugh at AOL and animation.  Boy, they sure do screw it up in many different ways.  I've had some that just won't attach correctly even.

Glad you're feeling better and had a good day at work.

HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So happy you had a good Monday at work.Good to hear you got lots of compliments too.Yes mouth problems can cause other illnesses it's true.The weather here in England is so sunny for Novenber where I live it is strange.Doesn't seem like we are almost into Christmas.Ah! well I'm not grumbling it's better to be able to get out.Love snow,but only on postcards graghics and through the window LOL!! Brrrrr!!!!! Love the snowman graphic Haaaaaa!! Think he's got a ferret in his hat,not a feather  LOL!!Take care have another good day.
Asoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

glad your doing well with t he teeth and I have to admit this weather is taking the feeling out of the season. this year it cooled down early and I was so happy when in september we did not have warm weather last past when it was suppose to like the last few years. and now this. it depresses me greatly. yeah my friends hub was watching the game and saw the snow . I snagged a few animations. I remember the comments I got when I first got my teeth and I do remember not smiling and not opening my mouth as much

Anonymous said...

Donna I am glad your first day back at work went well ~ how lovely to have had so many compliments and that you are now able to smile freely ~ I snagged a couple of your Graphics they are really lovely ~ TY ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear your feeling better. i know the feeling of not wanting to smile and covering your mouth when you do smile. I do that now. but hopefully in the near future i can go get my teeth pulled and dentures put in. love the graphics, i snagged me a few. thank you. (((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I cracked up when you said mouth full of shit...you are a riot. I am SOOOOO glad you are feeling better and that others notice your beauty....goody!
It is 63 degrees here today. Probaly be a damn blizzard by Sunday. Ohio has insane winter weather. I am glad work went so well also!
love,
lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. I need to get my teeth pulled...I have some missing and I try not to smle with my mouth ope! lol Sometimes I forget tho'!
The weather here in Ga. is so pretty! But I like winter time...but we don't have to fool with snow much either...so we are happy to see it when we do! lol
Take care and I hope tomorrow is a good one too....as always, I loved your graphics and snagged them! lol
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Donna, sounds like you are doing great and much better than I did after one week. I am almost comlpeting my third week and I am felling just a little discomfort. I was able to smile at the wedding but screwed up the pictures anyhow as I always do.
By the time you get to three weeks post op you will be in great shape.
Keep Smiling, Bill

Anonymous said...

AOL pictures needs to get with it, don't you think?  lol    Glad you are doing so well with the new grill....especially the after affects of "talking" better along with feeling better!   Great graphics, as always!!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love all your graphics :) The first one is so funny..... love it!
Thanks for your offer. May I have one with Maria, please? Thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

LOL always loved that bathtub one, so pretty now!
Sweet Dreams
hugs,
Ann

Anonymous said...

You are right about Seattle...it has snowed here and it is sticking...of course we Seattlelites don't really know how to handle snow in the city...took me two hours to get home on Monday...stayed home yesterday and today am nursing a sick daughter.   It's still white on the ground and ice...they say there will be more snow tonight.   It's been very cold too...may have some pictures up on my journal later today.   Glad you are recuperating well and things look great for you!  The animations are great as usual.  I have been using some of yours on my journal to compliment my entry...with links back, of course!  Wishing you happy days!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better :) we hve been having mild weather in NY too I love it I don't want it to end at least till after the weekend taking the kids to see the tree in manhattan have a great day love vicky

Anonymous said...

oooh gotta have that tinklebell with my name on it please..tx a bunch Nancy..love them all!!

Anonymous said...

Im glad ur in a good mood. :) I wish I was too