Saturday, November 11, 2006

Shower

Evening!  I hope everyone had a great day!!  My day was wonderful.  My niece had her bridal shower this morning.  It started at 11:00 and was a brunch, and what I think perfect!!  You got in and out and it didn't completely screw up anyone's day.  Her wedding is in Feb, but with the holidays so close it was decided to do the shower early rather then later.  The theme was fall, and the hall looked wonderful.  Each table had a center piece of a tin/wood angels and ceramic pumpkins surrounded by leaf garland.  It doesn't sound the greatest, but they were cute and made the tables pop with color.  Coffee, juices, and wine punch to wet the pallet.  Plates and plates of every kind of danish, sweet rolls, bagels, and doughnuts you could think of.  What a way to start the party!!  She had a great showing and the table and bar were filled with gifts.  She's always been spoiled ::grin:: being the first, and it continues now.  After all the greetings were done, and we took our seats the buffet was opened.  Eggs of various kinds, sausage, roasted potatoes, roast beef with weck rolls (weck rolls are a staple of the area and pretty much unique here too.  They are like a kaiser roll with seeds and salt on top- a great way to eat roast beef), and salad.  Perfect for me with the mouth pain I've been experiencing.  Almost like she knew.  I didn't eat the beef on a roll, but rather just cut it up.  It was tender, juicy, and about melted in your mouth.  I added the beef on weck to my list of must haves after my surgery!  LOL  Gifts were opened, and she got so many nice things and so much of what she had on her list. 

 

She is your typical young girl getting married for the first time.  It is the subject matter of everything.  She is so excited she can't help but give details, share ideas, ask questions and look for advice.    Hmmm... actually that is like anyone getting married isn't it?  First time or 5th.  It's an exciting event in your life and you just have to share details, events, planning snafu's, and pictures with some if not all.  AAaahh I remember mine.  I about busted a gut with excitement and couldn't wait to share everything.  LOL  Now can I forget it?  No, seriously, she is so damn excited as are the rest of us.  Have I told you she's always been spoiled?

 

It was a great day, except for one thing that pissed me off.  My pictures.  They came out blurry and most are a waste.  I am not sure if it was the lightening or if I had inadvertently messed up the settings but getting a good picture was not happening.  Ok, a couple, but for the most part it was a bust.  I will be spending tomorrow trying to figure out things, but in the meantime here are two....

 

The Bride and Groom  :)~

 

                  DsDesignsBrideandGroom.gif

 

And the generations...  My Mom, my Sister, my Niece, and Bug.

 

DsDesignsGenerations.jpg

 

divider-coiledspringani.gif

 


I came home and after changing and getting situated I logged on to go through mail.  I got an alert from Morgan at Random Thoughts and of course checked it out.  I laughed so hard I even had tears.  Not sure if I was crying because I was laughing so hard or if I just got emotional because of the sentiment.  Thanks Morgan, you are such a doll!!  I truly appreciate what you did, and thank you all who commented, I am all warm and fuzzy inside. 

 

divider-coiledspringani.gif

 

 

As Bill stated earlier in one of his comments, my boys played the Flyers tonight.  I of course watched the game.  In horror I thought Bill jinxed them by saying they could mail it in.  After they went up a goal the Flyers started 'gooning it up', or so I call it.  They were trying to get the boys off their game and it almost worked, but the boys prevailed once again in OT and won 5-4. 

 

divider-coiledspringani.gif

 


I'm off to bed, it's extremely late and I need some sleep.  Have a great evening and see you tomorrow :)

hugs

~d

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to hear you had such a good day!!  The food at the shower sounds awesome.  Maybe because it is a quarter til midnight and I have yet to eat a thing all day.......think I'm headed to the kitchen!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

have a good sunday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

great pic! I wanna see one of you though. I am glad you went and enjoyed yourself....that food sounds divine. Sounds like you will be going to a heck of a wedding!
hugs,lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

We don't have Bridal Showers on this side of the pond but I wish we did it sounds such a lovley custom.  Glad you enjoyed yourself. Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good day at the bridal shower. It is exciting to be getting married at any time as you say. I hope she and her husband to be have a very long and happy life! I sometimes get the fuzzy picture syndrome, mainly with indoor pics. I always check them on the LCD display when I take them and enlarge them, if they look fuzzy on the camera I delete. A lot of people have that problem with digital, it's not just us! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day, and what a lucky girl so pleased you all enjoyed your neices shower party ,I applied and was accepted ,so now Im a fully paid up member and show my fan club banner proudly in my side bar,come to think of it I have been showing my appreciation to you and your talent for a long time ,with my lovely sewing machine ,Which I still enjoy looking at ,.,.,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

OH Donna..why do I feel that there is someway to alleviate your mouth pain...there just has to be....It sounds like something that there is an answer...

Glad to hear your niece had a wonderful wedding...I did the Justice of the Peace....if I marry again.....which I hope...I want something small again but the Justice of the Peace is sooo unromantic..the only fun part was my Ex's best friend..he was flashing me during the wedding, and it was all I could do but not crack up during the ceremony...

I think what Morgan did was lovely...We all think your amazing Donna..-Raven

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hope to see mor epics. I know you will be so glad to get your mouth back to eatiing normal. (I got to look those rols up ) sounds like a wonderful day adn way to do an exciting shower.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Donna,
I liked your "shower tale".
The pisture of the bride and groom are cute- and the groom is smiling-- hope pictures of the big day reveal the same smile!
You need to tell folks that all your sisters are like a twin to you, if you see a picture of one it's like seeing us all!!
Hugs,
The mother of the bride

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the bridal shower was fun and a good idea to do it nice and early.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the bridal shower was fun and a good idea to do it nice and early.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

it sounds like everyone enjoyed the bridal shower. i love the pic of the bride and groom. your niece is beautiful, and so are everyone else in the pic. have a wonderful day. ((((((hugs)))))))
Cindy
ps, yes Morgan is such a sweet girl, my kiddo as I call her.

Anonymous said...

I remember my first and only wedding shower and it was so exciting!!!!!!  Just to see all those presents and know they were all for ME, I couldn't wait to open them all and show them off!  I love the idea of a brunch shower!!  That's my favorite time of the day to eat!!  Glad you had a good time!  Can't wait to see if the pics are savable (is that a word?  LOL!).
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

glad you had a nice time It so nice relieving memories of your own when someone else is getting married Weddings are even better! have a great day love vicky

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a beautiful party!! Wow...glad you enjoyed yourself.
Pam