Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thursday.... and I did it!

Yes Guido, I checked and it is actually Thursday.  LOL  I guess since I pretty much missed Tuesday when I did my post last night I thought it was Tuesday.  I'm just blaming it on the drugs!!

 

I am pretty tired and just finishing up my jello so I can take my med's and go to bed.  Today was good and it was nice to be around friends and family.  Dinner was great.  The entire house smelled of goodies and my tummy growled on several occasions.   When we were called to the table I started to fix my plate and could not pass up the turkey.  I grabbed a little slice and cut it in very very small pieces.  I drowned it in gravy and it pretty much just slid down.  YUM!!  Mashed tators and stuffing was also part of my meal along with chocolate pudding and ice cream.  I even had two helpings.  LOL  That's the most I've eaten in days and it was wonderful!  No doubt it will give me some energy tomorrow and help me on my way.

 

I'm in a bit of pain right now, and not ashamed to say I am not a martyr, I will be taking a pain pill before I go to bed.  I probably over did it a bit with talking, can you believe it?  Me talking to much?  LOL I will rest tomorrow.

 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I'm off to bed.

Hugs

~d

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you can eat and get some food. Rachael is still trying to eat. She is still puking but did manage to hold down a few things like four bites tonight the first since wednesday last week. I efel so bad for her. So I also know your missing a big dinner too. Im glad you did get some. I kow in a few days you wil be feeling so much more comfortable. yeah I noticed the tueseay but knew you were druggie. Hope your day is better and try not to tlak too much

Anonymous said...

glad u had a great day. get some rest! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Yeah, those jaws are sore...gums connected and all...you'll feel better tomorrow...At least by Christmas your be able to pig out...lol...sleep well.
~Raven
http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RandomThoughtsConnected/

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to have some turkey even if it was drowned in gravy, lol

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

LOL you talking too much....oh NEVER!!  LMAO!!  I'm so glad you had a nice holiday.  Aren't you glad you had it done and now you can just concentrate on healing.  By Xmas you'll be able to eat for sure!!  
Hope you're able to sleep well tonight.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey D...I'm happy to hear you were able to eat a little something...and now I feel like having some chocolate pudding and ice cream too!!

~Debbie
http://journals.aol.com/derasta/mybigfatgreeklife/
http://journals.aol.com/derasta/aderastacreation/

Anonymous said...

yay!  You got to eat!!!  I hope you heal up good...be well!  Millie :)

Anonymous said...

Iam so pleased you managed to eat some dinner ,and hopefully you are getting better each day ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
I am so glad you had a chance to be surrounded by your family and friends on the day of thanks.  It sounds like it was a great day for you.  You deserve it!  Here's hoping that your recovery process stays on track and passes quickly.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I am just glad you went and felt GOOD and felt HAPPY. Thats what it should be all about. So glad the food made it down and stayed down...i hope that pain pill worked....love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear you were able to eat dinner. happy to hear you had a nice day. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had some nice things to eat, i hope the meds see to that pain for you, have a nice weekend
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you did get a chance to eat something, and you were able to have some energy for later on with your 2 helpings!
I hope you feel like your ol' self soon!
hugs
Dana

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna I am glad you managed to eat some of the Thanksgiving Dinner ~ Hope it will get better as the days pass ~ glad you had a good day
Ally ~

Anonymous said...

Hey, Turkey day is a day for talking and eating, so it's no biggie you had to take a pain pill afterwards!!!  Glad you were able to eat something other than just mushy stuff!!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey, remember that's what those pills are for! I know you weren't at your best, but I hope you still managed to have a good day

Anonymous said...

so glad that you managed to get some turkey in!!!

kathy

Anonymous said...

Hello

Love the swan picture. hope your feeling better and had a good thanks giving

Sarah (Sexkitten)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You did well in downing some turkey, Donna. Sounds like a nice day at yours

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Leene

Anonymous said...

Glad u were able to eat something....
Rest well....
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to have some of the goodies at the Thanksgiving meal!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

testing alerts