Sunday, November 5, 2006

~ Sunday Snags ~

Today was good, very very good.  As the day wore on, I started feeling much better.  One thing that came out of not feeling 100% is the graphics.  I've been playing on and off all day.  Just because I was feeling better didn't mean I wanted to run out and do anything so......  I think I did more graphics in the past two days then I've ever done in such a short time.  Just imagine what will happen the week I'm off for the surgery  :::evil grin:::  Maybe I will feel up to trying that water wheel movement.  LOL

 

I've decided when it comes to football I need to cheer for the opposing team.  I was somewhat cheering for Brett and low and behold the Bills beat them 24-10.  Not that it means much as they are going no where!  Yet I cheered for Chicago to go one more week without a loss and what the hell!?!  The Dolphins win?  Not only did they win, but they won convincingly 31-13.  I have to think Chicago was looking past this game.  Miami is not good!!  Now no offense to my New England friends, but I really want Indy to win tonight.  Not sure why, but I do, and I cannot bring myself to cheer for Brady or Bruschi, so Peyton is on his own.

 

'Twas my lucky day today.  My son stopped by early in the day and then came back this evening.  He had to go picket tonight and he wanted to give me some news.  No the strike is not over, but they are talking again which is a good thing.  It's been 5 weeks and it is getting really old for all concerned.  He has taken on another job to hold him over while the strike is on, but it no way compares to the money he has become accustomed to.  He's ok, but is also looking to get back to work and soon.  'Scabs' have been hired, or so it is said, so this needs to end before it gets ugly!!

 

My boys were in New York City today and went on to beat the Rangers 4-3.  Once again they came back from being down to win.  This game was much better then last night and with any luck things will be back on track and they won't slack off for 40+ plus minutes and try to do the 'come back' at the end of the game.  My heart can't take it, and it will bite them again if they keep that up.

 

Yes, that is Ste you are hearing once again.  I missed his voice on my journal.  Oh hell, who the hell am I kidding, I miss him!  I know he's good, and all this going out and having fun is the best thing for him, but I do miss him.  A big shout out to NJ for the code to make the song play over and over.  Now we all have the privilege.  Thanks NJ! 

:)~

 

Well, the weekend is over and I hope you all had a good one.  It's off to bed early so I am well rested and ready to start the work week.  G'nite

 

hugs

~d
 

EDIT:   It has been brought to my attention that some folks are having a hard time with saving files as .gif.  All animations have to be saved this way.  Yet, some versions of AOL doesn't include that option.  When you right click and do save as look for the file type '.gif', if this is not an option pick all files and before saving make sure you type in .gif after the actual file name, then save.  This should solve your problems and keep the animations in the graphic. 

 

     DsDesignsFamilyTraditions.gif

 

                        DsDesignsHarpMelody.gif

 

           DsDesignsMoonReflections.gif

 

               DsDesignsNightTimeRead.gif

 

          DsDesignsPurpleMoon.gif

 

                DsDesignsgnite.gif

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty, i snagged me some. thank you. ((((hugs))))))
Cindy
ps. glad your feeling better

Anonymous said...

great snags...Im so glad u feel better *hugs* hope u have a great week

Anonymous said...

The artwork is top-notch, as always. What made me laugh is you having to give instructions to defeat yet another AOL shortcoming! The programmers there are whatever the opposite of top-notch would be, lol.

Glad your boys won!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

stopping by to say hello...haven't been around much reading, but I'm trying to get back on track :-)
Get well soon and as always wonderful graphics~
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours/entries/2006/11/05/omg-where-should-i-start-lol--d/1251

Anonymous said...

i love all the tags, as always. If you ever see a building snow angels pic and make it i could die happy. LOL
I am glad your son came to see you and so glad today was a good day for you. Rick hates football so we never watch which is so weird because i was raised by Browns/OSU fanatics.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I truely love them all...but love the first one the best it Rocks..well they all Rock but that one just speaks to me! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Love the moon pic!  That really was crazy that miami killed the bears like they did!  Ah well...maybe next week!
YAY for your boys!!  Sorry to hear about your son's work situation..hopefully they'll reach an agreement soon!

hugs
Dana

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love that song.....!


Sorry to hear your son is still on strike...I could never work for a job where people are fighting for fairness...not being judgmental...but I couldnt do it..hope it ends soon...........-Raven

Anonymous said...

Cant believe Steve has been on strike five weeks where has the time gone ,so pleased your feeling alot better ,Wnderful graphics again ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Im anxious to see that water wheel. I love the family traditions pic. Yes my dad had to work as a scab once. it was the gas plant that supplies our state area. the main one in ASHLAND. they had been on strike for a few weeks and the strikers would not let the truckers in to get the oil they needed to transport. gas was running low in our area due to it. we were starting to see shortages nad stations closed one ambulance company had to run to the neighboring state to get gas and was needed for a big emergency and some did not have a vehichle to be transported in. Lives were in danger. Daddy had to be in LOCKDOWN in the plant with armed guards becuase the strikers who made 27 bucks and hour were striking for 36 and hour and some other stuff of course. daddy was not allowed to come home. He was paid 22.50 and loved it!!!!!!!! good money for him who was reitred. differnt states have different gas restrictions so we could only get gast from two states and it was getting bad. It finally ended but I do know how ugly things can get if talks do not resume. There was guns fired and rocks thrown. its scary. So I ll pray for your son and the talks to finalize. I love your graphics and someone asked me to make fire for them on graphic and I did. Thanks so much. hopeyour all weell soon

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're doing better now Donna. Sorry Steve is stillon strike but I'm glad he found something to tide him over till he gets back to work again. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. We all benefit from your work on graphics, thank you.  Oh, looking forward to that water wheel movement, I am sure you can do it.  Sorry to hear your son has been on strike for so long.  Have a good week.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Wow...5 weeks already??!
Ya know, my first word was 'Scab'..lol! It was during the miners strike in the 80's.

I hope it's all sorted soon.

Sorry I've been away for so long, but I'm getting better and better!

Lovely graphics as usual!

What song of mine did you have playing here? I can't hear anything...LOL...was it an okay one or awful? I'm worried now..LMAO!!

Hope you're ok babes,

Lv ya loads,

Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better! Awesome entry!
Thanks for the wonderful sharings. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

I loved the g`nite pic it`s FAB!! glad to hear  you are feeling better. Take care.
bella xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindapaterson177/IstartedofthislifewithnothingIst/

Anonymous said...

 Loved all the pics, is the first one animated?  I don't have trouble saving yours but when they are stored someplace else they all come up as ART files and I can't open them with aol.  It won't let me put them in a gif file either. Sad.  

  To bad your son is still on strike.  I would probably have to be one of the scabs because I am not in our union and if they strike I would have to work or lose my job.  Of course being sole support I would have to work either way.  Its a bad situation.  Good luck with your surgery.  Hope it turns out OK.

                     Julie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better Donna.  I can't hear any music on your journal.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Animations (GIF's) also MUST be saved to and linked to AOL Hometown. AOL Pictures loses the animation.

Anonymous said...

I was actually rooting for Brett Favre. I wanted him to win what would probably be his last game at Ralph Wilson Stadium. He never won there, and I thought it would be a great thing. I had mixed feelings about the Chicago/Miami game. I hate Miami, because I am a Bills fan. Plus Chicago was trying to embarrass everyone they played. So i'm glad Chicago was embarrassed. I'm rooting for the Colts to go all the way.

Is that what they call people who work for a company that has employees on strike. I learned something new.

Anonymous said...

love the snags!  you are really good at this!!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

thank you for reading my journal,,,your comment was appreciated,,,I like your journal and wonderful graphics,,,may I borrow some???  Marie
P.S.  be well,,,   http://journal;s.aol.com/rosas831/RealisticProse/

Anonymous said...

aol doesn't always give me the all files option,usually just ART & BITmap,so I copy and mail it to myself and then I can save as gif(usually is gif sometimes it's not)
Thanks for all your sharing
~connie~