Thursday, December 28, 2006

All over the board Thursday........ subject change to YEAH!!! ::big ass grin::

Hi folks!!  ::waving::  Hope everyone is having a good week so far.  I am amazed that my vacation is flying by!  I wished the week before hand away and now I regret it.  This week is going by so fast instead!  I'm getting bits and pieces done around here and today we did lunch.  Two of my sisters, Karen and Nancy, my Mother, and myself.  I took Nancy as it was her birthday a few days before Christmas. 

 

OMG!!!  Sorry... change of plan here.  As I was writing/typing, they broke into announce the outcome of the vote.   :::tears streaming down my cheeks:::  It's over.  The strike is over, thank God!  Thank you!!  I so appreciate all the positive and good vibes sent out to my son.  Ok... and the lovely comments about his looks too.  :)  It was an overwhelming majority at this plant and apparently overwhelming at all 12.  He goes back to work on Jan 2.  YEAH!!!  I called him, of course, because I knew he was not watching the news.  As my voice crackled and I got all teary eyed, he laughed, 'Mom, are you crying?'   I couldn't even answer as I felt the lump in my throat.  'Mom, you're an ass!'  I started laughing and he said he loved me and thanked me for calling but he was in the middle of a movie.  LOL  Kids, you gotta love 'em!  Thank you again!!!!  I'm doing a happy dance here.

 

Ok... back to lunch.  We didn't go for burgers, we went to the Olive Garden.  For those of you not familiar it's an Italian place.  The food is good and the bread sticks are so yummy!  She picked the place, so there we went.  I had Chicken Parm and ate so much I thought I'd bust.  We took our time enjoying the company and the food.  About 2 hours later we rolled ourselves out of the place and headed home.  She was happy and I think enjoyed it more then any gift I would have gotten her. 

 

I hada few other things I was going to write about but I'll be dipped in shit if I can remember them now.  Instead of writing all the nonsense I will just say thank you again!  OMG!  I am so freaking happy.  I wish I could put that into words, but I can't.  Not now, my hands are shaking and I can't even think clearly.  I will just leave you with a mix of graphics.  Enjoy... and again...

THANK YOU!!!  I thank you, and he thanks you!  

 

 

Hugs

~d

 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


        Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


               Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the strike is over!! great graphics! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Good new about your son and you sound so happy! love the tags ...luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Donna, such good news! I got a bit choked up myself. A great start to embrace the new year. ~Raven

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for your son!  WHEW it's over!  Love the graphics.  Beautiful as always.
Hope you are able to sleep tonight.
Hugs~~~Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh i'm so happy for you and your son congratulations xxxxx stacey

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh Good! Smile ..... Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Ann:)

Anonymous said...

::waving back:: glad the strike is over :) have a good friday

Deb

Anonymous said...

well you know its very hard.......... you always are tired of the hustle and bustle. (I think we have too many little things we cant say no to from T day on to christmas) and then the last week seems like catchup in our lives and goes so darn fast. I m very happy to hear the ovte went well. that is a big priase. Sorry about those that will loose thier jobs.

Anonymous said...

Donna
So happy to hear that the strike is over, great news indeed!  A super start for the new year.  Sorry your vacation week is flying by so fast, but it sounds like you are really enjoying it.  Great looking graphics, as always.  I love how the stream looks in the last one.
Sam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I am soooo pleased the strike is over AT LAST , how nice to get together with your Mum and sisters ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your son on the strike being over and his going back to work.  Yeah, I can feel the enthusiasm for that!  LOL.

Love the graphics, as always D, but in particular, that nuthatch is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am TRULY happy for your son. Congrats to him. I LOVE Olive Garden too.
LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to read about that vote. I know the tension your son was living under had to be incredible. Nice to know he's going to start the New Year off in a great way. Hope you do too!

Love all the artwork, but in particular the winter barn! Beautifully done!

Jimmy

PS Love the Olive Garden too!

Anonymous said...

so glad that the vote happened and that your son will be getting back to work soon!!!

love the graphics.  love the waitress one!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would have cried too!!!!  Such wonderful news!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good news indeed, Donna, a great relief for you that the strike is now over

Anonymous said...

YAYYYY!!!! Great that the strike is over, I can tell how excited you are. Donna, nearly speechless? This is new lol!

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So glad the strikes over, lol can see that smile over here in the UK.
have a happy new year
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the strike is over finally!!! Yeah!!!! Olive Garden is so yummy, I went there for my birthday too.... Vacation time just always goes quickly, I don't know why, but it does. Tawnya

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful news. i am so happy for your son. also happy you all had a great time at olive garden. i love their bread sticks. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing. I am so happy for your son, you and all the others involved in this. So happy that the hard time did come to an end.
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

(Huge hugs) Wonderful news Donna!!! I'm so happy for you and your son. And yes, I didn't get a chance to comment on his looks, but then we know he's a looker right LOL. I know the feeling of wanting the best for you child. What a great way to go into the New Year!! Love Ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet how you cried for happiness for your son!!!!     Around here, it's a two hour wait to eat at the Olive Garden, and to me, they ain't THAT good!    (They are good, though)    Great graphics, as usual!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

so happy strike is over. Olive garden hmmm have to try it love vicky
Happy New Year!