Sunday, December 3, 2006

Sunday Night

Evening folks!  I hope everyone had a great day and a wonderful weekend.  I want to start this entry off with just a bit of a follow up on my earlier post.  First, it was not meant to be a rant nor a reprimand.  I apologize for it coming across that way.  I've had numerous emails over that past several days regarding the issues.  Apparently it had been brought up elsewhere, so folks were emailing me to make sure things were ok.  I'm good, your good, believe me.  I should have kept my mouth shut.  I was doing the entry in a general manner, just to get across that folks around J-Land have different ideas/rules regarding their graphics.  Common courtesy is all I/we ask for.  I'd be lying if I said I don't like links back, that use to be one of my rules.  It got out of hand in the past and an error on my part was made.  I won't go there again.  A link back for each entry you use of mine?  Absolutely not!  Occasional?  Sure it would be nice.  A link on the sidebar? Sure.  LOL  Not necessary and not a rule.  I make the graphics because I love to, or is because I'm addicted?  Either way I say snag and that's what I mean.  Claiming my work as yours?  Pisses me off!  Marking a new sig line over mine?  Pisses me off!  So be it, I learned there are folks who always take the easy way out.  I appreciate all the support you have given me and I am not questioning any of you.  Common courtesy and watch the rules when you visit graphic sites.  :)  That's it no more on the matter.  We are all good.

 

Today was actually a great day.  I got out shopping for a bit.  Santa was good to me!  LOL  Actually, last week when it got cold I pulled out a pair of pants and hell they looked horrible.  The ass sagged and I looked like a slob.  Looking like a slob wasn't good, but it was great that they were too big.  Soooo I had to get new pants, then of course new shirts to go with, then new shoes.  LOL  I did get the kids a few things, and a couple of odds and ends for my son.  This year will actually be easy as I said before and I'm thrilled.  I hated being in the store.  Maniacs out there!!  The lady in front of me in the check out was screaming and cursing at the young man cashing.  The system denied her check and she freaked.  She called him every name in the book.  I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and shake her.  'Lady do you honestly think this young man saw you coming and thought to himself you look like a great lady to screw with?  Like he wanted to have you scream at the top of your lungs and make his day?  Get a clue.  The register wasn't going to take your check and he couldn't change it.'  GRRRRRrrrrrr  I felt so bad for him.  I tried to cheer him up, but I only got a smirk.  Bet he felt like staying the rest of his shift!

 

The house is pretty much decorated.  Tree is up and looks good.  As soon as the boxes get put away I will do a few pictures and share.  They need to go back to storage.  It's not much different then last year.  It was a good day to get things done, though my sister did most of it.  She is such a 'Martha Stewart' LOL  The snow started to fall today and actually felt like Christmas.  We have a white coating outside.  Nothing major, but no doubt folks will have forgotten how to drive in it and tomorrow will be a trip for the morning commute.

 

I did make meatloaf for dinner, and ate it.  YEAH!!!  Ok, so I've seen 2 year olds with their meat cut bigger, but I was able to chew the little pieces and actually have something of substance.  I was tired of eating mush, or sucking the flavor out of my food.  I found a few rough spots while chewing but no doubt it is still tender so I won't freak.  Once I was done I was fine.  I also had some chocolate.  OMG!!  Can I just say it was wonderful!!  LOL  It was thin mints so it wasn't too thick.  I really couldn't bite into it so I broke pieces off and put them in and chewed.  It was good, but not really worth the trouble.  Shit!  Did I just say chocolate wasn't worth the trouble?  I better take my temperature, as I am not on pain pills and something must be wrong!  :)

 

On to the snags.  A bit of this and bit of that.  I am pretty pleased with all of them.  Hope you enjoy.  Good Night all and have a great Monday.

 

Hugs

~d

 


                 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                            Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                               Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                               Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeahhhhhhh, finally you were able to eat something with flavor and texture. good for you. your almost there. love the graphics. i snagged me a few. thank you for sharing them. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I had to have the bears in the old car!!  I'm using many of your holiday graphics in my Sisters in Christ prayer alerts to put us in the Chirstmas mood.  (Full size and animated.  :o)  I also asked that if any of them snagged one from the email, to please give you credit.  This was before I read your small little rant.  lol )  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I know how painful your mouth can get because I have a partial in the bottom front...and it was sooooooo painful t begin with but I kept them in and now  I sometimes forget that I ahve htem in. I need to get some of my top teeth pulled and get an upper plate soon as I can scrape up the money.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the beatiful snags! Have a wonderful Monday!

Hugs,
Tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is sorted now.Sorry for the young kid serving at the store.Some people have no manners at all.The lady could have been a little more coutious, and at this time of year too.Decorations in your home carn't wait to have a peep at!!As for the pants sagging on your butt ROFL at that bit of your entry.Glad you anjoyed the mint chos Mmmmmmmmm send one over please love um!!Have a lovely Monday too yourself.Hope ths snow doesn't get too thick Love the graphics Snagged one for my latest entry Thanx a million.Take care
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

breaking chocolate into little bits means that it lasts longer LOL, dont eat to many or the saggy but pants wont be saggy for much longer
lovely graphics thanks for sharing
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are saying about shrinking snags etc I make no apologies for useing my favouritist of all time,in my side bar ,my dear little sewing machine lol but you gave me permission ,so pleased you are able to eat a bit more ,your shopping trip sounds so typical of this time of year ,it fetches em all out lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

its great your getting new outfits. You know a good idea is to put links for the ones I snag fromalot inthe side bar. I just never thought of that. Heck I never update my side bar. But you know what (not today probably as I will be wiped out from shopping) but when I work on an entry tomrrow IM going to do that. Of course i was going to work on an entry every day last week and took most of it to do it. dealingwiththe situations I wrote about finally and was sharing about has taken its toll on me and I have lost my journaling fervor . I so want to get in to hte groove as this holidayseason is fast coming over since Hnaukkah starts on the 16th.

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot!  I just realized that I have your graphics (the stocking) in my sidebar and didn't put a link!  I am so sorry!  Usually I am good about that, but didn't think of it in my sidebar.  Duh Lisa!  Do you still love me?  LOL!  Good for you going out and buying yourself some new clothes!!!  I hate trying on pants.  You are never the same size no matter what brand you are looking at.  Can't have a saggy ass though.  Hee-hee!!  Hope you have a good day at work today!
Hugs and lots of love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss and new clothes.....and having the tree up already. That meatloaf sounds good....i love one and never make them. Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Donna
Congratulations on the weight loss, but my, isn't there an easier way to take the pounds off than oral surgery?  LMAO!

I am comfortable in the knowledge that I have taken your wonderful graphics many times for my journal but I have always given credit and left a link to you.  I have never resized them to the point that they became distorted and never claimed them as my own.  But I do know why you felt the need to comment in these last two posts on the issue.  I think most have a pretty good picture of the rules of graphic snagging etiquette now.  I hope so, at least.

All the grapics are great, as usual, but that last one of the swinging bells really stands out as excellent work, Donna.  Very nice!
Sam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

glad you got some shopping and decorating in love v

Anonymous said...

Hey hun,whos been bitching now? Bloody hell its nearly xmas,anyway I always say thanx and credit where its due,ive used one of your lovely tags on my blog,and thanked you so sod em all hun all the best zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad you got you some new clothes and shoes....I use to not shop for myself much...I would always buy for my hubby...but i am getting to where i like shopping for myself even more...hahaha  Can't wait to see your tree =)
Of course i snagged the bears...thanks bunches!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

so glad we are all good.  so thrilled you ate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! meatloaf.  yum. i'm getting hungry now.
its finally starting to get cold here. brrrr....

Kathy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...



Okay, I'm a bird fan, so I love the Cardinals!  But gee, the bells in the last graphic?  I'm somewhat amazed!  I need to get out more, I think.

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell you I loved the graphic of the girl at the top of your journal and used it in an entry about my mother, hope that's okay.  I think all your graphics are beautiful.  I wish I had the time and patience to sit and learn how to do it, maybe when I retire.  By the way I'm a cashier and I've had a few customers such as you mentioned below.  There are only a few of those most people are so nice and I feel like I know them when they leave the store.  Joni

Anonymous said...

What you ask is MORE than fair for your hard work, even if you do enjoy it.   Hope everything settles in nicely soon with your new grill!   I think you should post a pic of a nice big new smile!
~Meg