Saturday, December 2, 2006

~ A Little Bit of Everything ~

Evening Folks!  I want to start by saying thank you for joining me in giving good wishes to Ste.  I can't think of a better, sweeter, (no pun intended babes), and good overall person for this to be happening to.  Round Two Baby!!

 

Like I said in my earlier post the wind blew through here last evening with full force.  It did get cold, yet we never did get the snow they called for.  I know it will be here before long, but the longer it is cold before it comes the better.  If the lake stays too warm as the cold moist air passes over it can dump a ton of snow on us.  It not only dumps but generally comes down pretty good and accumulates fast.  One thing about lake effect snow is it is so hard to predict where it is going to go.  Snow bands can be pretty narrow and move north to south depending on the wind.  Sometimes it just stalls in one area and falls for hours.  Aaaaaah winter in the WNY area, gotta love it!!  Actually I do.  I lived outside of Dallas for a few years and wanted to come home so badly.  I hated it there!  Two things folks down there hate (sorry to my southern readers) is tornadoes and Yankees with a U-Haul.  Ok, not all, but most Texas born folks I met felt that way.  All my closest friends while I lived there were transplants. 

 

I sat here this evening watching my boys get completely spanked by the Washington Crapitals.  Holy shit, I was sitting here saying, 'who the hell am I watching?'  The final score was 7-4, the 7th goal an empty netter as we pulled our goalie to have the extra attacker.  I was very disappointed in one of the young up and coming stars.  I always thought he was better the highly profiled Sidney Crosby, but tonight I just got a horrible taste in my mouth.  I know it will blow over sooner or later but tonight Ovechkin made the dirtiest hit I've seen this year.  While one of our star players was heading to the bench for a break he came up from behind and nailed him.  Danny went flying head first into the boards and laid on the ice for several minutes.  Sure other players came to his rescue like old time hockey, but it was disgusting to think anyone would hit like that.  Danny was completely relaxed and not even in the play or carrying the puck.  Cheap shot no doubt.  Ovechkin did get a penalty and a game misconduct, but I fear that his 'stardom' will keep the league from taking anymore action.  Time will tell.   Danny did come back to play so he is ok, but that is really not the point.  As for the score and game itself I'm ok with it.  The boys didn't show up to play and they know it.  I have faith they will be back to their form in no time.  You can't win them all and they have very few losses.

 

I told you earlier that I had done graphics last night while my connection was down.  I absolutely love Christmas and winter graphics are one of my favorites.  I just love the number of options you have.  OMG! Options doesn't even cover it.  I have so many yet to do and tonight I had a hard time deciding which ones I had already done to post.   So as I uploaded I just went in the order that they came up in my folder, you get a bit of everything.   I did do another tag graphic that doesn't really represent Christmas but more the winter season.  Hot Cocoa anyone?

 

Overall I am doing good.  Feeling better each day.  I know how impatient I can be and after over a year of pain and discomfort I am 'this' close to being somewhat normal and I just want it to happen.  I did eat chicken tonight.  I had to cut it pretty small so I didn't have to chew to hard, but I was able to chew instead of just sucking on my food.  My mouth does get tired though.  LOL  NOooooooo I didn't talk up a storm today, I think it is just my mouth getting use to all the changes.  The majority of pain and discomfort is gone, yet my Dentist assured me as I heal there will be more adjustments.   My new found best friend, my Dentist!  LOL  Actually I am so pleased with what has happened.  I've been sleeping through the night and breathing much much better.  It's amazing the change in how I feel.  YEAH!!!

 

Ok, I'm off to bed.  I hope everyone had a great Saturday and is staying warm.

 

Hugs

~d

 

 


             Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


         Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


               Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry your boys didn't win. love the graphics, i snagged a few. thank you. (((((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!! Just when I pick one graphic of yours in your journal I like you show us more that I like. Now I have to say I like the purple Christmas tree. You keep me coming back and back and back and back to your journal. I'll be back !!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Im so glad ur getting better all the time. *hugs* :) Awesome graphics!

Anonymous said...

love them all as always!!! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Pretty graphics!!  Glad you're getting better!  Once last summer I did an entry called "Thank God for Dentists."  It's amazing how they can make you feel better!
Have a good Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey you.....your on the last lap...teeeth pain almost over...way cool...I just stopped by Ste blog...I hadnt been there before...what is this second round thing you mentioned? Love the graphics missy! -Raven

Anonymous said...

I am just so pleased to have you say you are feeling better ,each time.It was awful leading up to that Tuesday knowing how you felt ,am just so pleased its behind you now ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad your mouth is on the mend, here`s hoping the new year brings you a new start and painfree! Tags as always ORGASMIC!!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better ~ sorry your team lost better luck with the next game ~ I love your graphics beautiful as always ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

yeah I spetn years and I remember wnating to be normal again nad just be me with my teeth. Man I wish for snow a big snow like we use ot get int he 70
s here. havnet had that in a good long while. just a few in hte last 20 + years. I love yoru graphics and I love night scenes I dont know why.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Wish i was with you the day you eat steak. Sorry to hear your boys did poorly. I love it when you get inspired by your tags. LOVE YOU,lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! It's still in the 80s here in Florida. It's beginning to lot a lot like summer ;-)
Martha

Anonymous said...

I especially like that last tag you have.  That is so nice.  How do you like my Ducks so far!  They have the most points in the NHL and I hope they keep it up.  Have a nice Sunday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your poor mouth is recovering, Donna.

Anonymous said...

love your graphics.  I like the old store one.  well I like them all.

glad that you still like your dentist!  and that you are able to eat some now.  by Christmas you will be able to eat anything and everything!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

We had vicious winds here also, D.  LOL...can you believe I'm actually running out of tubes to use.  I'm kicking myself now for now downloading more.  I think I've fried my brain for the time being.  WTG to Stevie!  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Donna, like you I am also feeling better. A couple of minor things that had bothered me have disappeared. Like that effect. Maybe it will improve my grouch attitude. People do say I am smiling more.
Wife has the steaks thawing and I think I am ready for really chewing without pureeing my meat.
Sorry about the Sabres, how about them Flyers?
Bill

Anonymous said...

If you have the snow like that then I'm coming to live where you live I love the snow, must be mad I know, some lovely graphics, snagged the snow scene with the with the tree (white one) glad to hear your improving health wise
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Oh no..are they out for good now??  Your boys I mean.

Thanks for the mention babes...Ya know I loves ya!!

Gorgeous graphics as usual....*HUGS*

Lv Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

glad you are feeling alittle better love vicky

Anonymous said...

h