Wednesday, December 27, 2006

~ Big Day Tomorrow & Winter Snags ~

I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already.  YIKES!  Time is flying by.  Tomorrow is a big day for my son, and yes I have permission to post his picture, even tho he isn't smiling.  He rarely does for pictures.  The union votes on the ratification.  It appears it will pass locally with no problems, but there are some 14,000 others that have to vote as well.  One whole plant is slated to be shut down at the end of next year with offerings of great severance packages, but I don't think they will vote yes.  This same plant was left unprotected in the last agreement, so it isn't a big shock, yet who votes yes to losing their job in a year?  I saw the package for the contract and it seems fair, lets just hope the majority does.  I am not even sure exactly how that works, but they should know fairly quickly if it passes.  With all the sadness floating around JLand, I feel guilty asking for good vibes, but can I?  It's been a very long strike.  He's so young, and he could use some positive vibes right now.  Thanks :)

 

It was pretty cold and windy out today, but we never got snow.  There was a dusting when I got up this morning but it barely covered the grass.  They are saying this is the warmest December.  No shit!  It's been unbelievable.  Global warming at it's finest I think.  It's supposed to be in the 40's and they are calling for rain the rest of the week.  Next chance of snow is Monday night.  I'm not complaining.. I swear!  You'll no doubt hear me whine over the snow soon enough.  LOL  Until then I thought I'd share some winter graphics.  I never get sick of them.  Love them almost as much as water :)  No doubt you will get tired of them though... sorry ::evil grin::

 

I will be heading off to bed, but before I do I want you all to know I have you in my thoughts and prayers.  I know this time of year can be rough, any additional stress or sadness is just magnified.  I am so sorry some of you are dealing with that.  I hope better days are right around the corner.

 

Hugs

~d

 


        Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


        Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


       Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending good vibes your way. Your son is a hottie. Those girls must be knocking the door down :) vicky

Anonymous said...

Damn woman you know how to make em'..
I agree he is a HOTTIE!!!
Missy

Anonymous said...

sorry, lol
of course I'll send good vibes...
does he need anything else?? (like a spanking) J/K.  
Hope all works out for him. Missy

Anonymous said...

More Winter snags, HOORAY!  Your son is a HOTTIE!!  Okay, go ahead, slap me for saying that.  LOL!  I am sending good vibes his way and all the employees waiting to hear if this thing goes through!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Nice graphics!  Will keep your son in my prayers and thoughts...Hugs, to you!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Boy, I'm hoping that vote goes well...talk about stress! Sending good wishes!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts your way....hope things go well for your son and his job.  He's a handsome young man, I'm sure you're a proud Mom!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Your son is so handsome, D!  Whoo hoo...hope he's back to work soon.  Love the New Year's stuff!  I'm not doing any because my brain is fried, and really, nobody needs more than a couple plus I just love yours so..lol...that's it in a nutshell.  Yep, the week is flying...NOT.  Well, maybe for those on vacation.  God, shut me up.  I'm making an entry out of this.  Enjoy the rest of your time off!  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

yes you can always ask for good vibes. just becuase others are having stresses doesnt mean we dont need some light in our lives. we can t have all bad though I do understand feeling guilty when things are looking up. I sure hope it all goes well. I love winter graphics but come spring yeah I ll gripe about them lol then about july I ll be saying hey just a taste of winter LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey you have told us all about your Steve, you didnt say what a good looker he is wow ,and of course sending good vibes for the strike to come to an end ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm sending you those good vibes as requested.  Great pic of Steve, thanks for sharing that with us.  The winter graphics are all beautiful.  I do hope that union vote goes the way you want.  So many are counting on getting back to work.  So many lives have been affected.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna ~ Thanks for sharing the picture of Steve.  I will pray for him and that everything turns out for the best.  Thanks for sharing the wonderful graphics that I HAVE NOW LEARNED TO USE PROPERLY!!!!! LOL LOL LOL.  I am snagging left, right and centre!  Have a great day, Love Caroline
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure

Anonymous said...

Wow your son is so handsome!!  Wishing him the best as far as his job goes.  Poor guy.  Like he needs the added stress.  Sheesh.
Beautiful winter graphics.  I'm not tired of those.  Tired of the Xmas ones.  But, never tired of the winter ones LOL!
Have a good day....Pam

Anonymous said...

i think your son is a doll...i am praying and crossing fingers and toes for his good luck at his job. I am so happy Ohio has barely even had a flurry yet, WOO HOO. As i said in my journal "ALGOREGLOBALWARNING", lol.
Love you,
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

 What a good looking son you got there, oh to be 30 years younger, LOL.  Anyway I hope the strike is over.  How stressful.

                   Julie

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out for your son, and I'm sending nothing but ++++++++thoughts his way!
hugs
Dana

Anonymous said...

Your son is cute!!! I will be sending my good thoughts his way..... Earlier this year there was a teacher strike in Detroit. Pizza boy's sister is a teacher in Michigan but not in Detroit. For a while it looked as if all the teachers were going to stirke. I understand how that effects a person. I know there has been no snow in Michigan yet either, just rain. Tawnya

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of your son, he is very cute.  I hope everything goes his way, my thoughts will be positive for him.  
I love your new pictures, they're great.  Happy New Year!  Joni

Anonymous said...

Ok, Donna with the Hot Son. I am sending positive vibes for this to resolve in his best interest.  ~Mary

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{wiggling fingers on both hands in your direction}}}}}}}}  Good vibes your son's way.  Hey, is he available?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the graphics are pretty.
And your son is very handsome, hehe.
Ya know, when you think about it, these winter graphics are just like the water ones. After all, what is snow but frozen water? lol *yay random intellectual musings!*

And look, I'm commenting! I know you said it doesn't matter, but well... your chairgirl's gotta keep an eye on these trouble makers *glances around accusingly*
Hope you're having a great day, sending good vibes to your son.

Morgan
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope the best comes out of it for the workers, Donna. Great graphics!

Anonymous said...

Sending good vibes your way :) Hope for the best for your son and other workers.
Wonderful graphics! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Donna, what a good looking son you have. You have done great. Good vibes are going his way.
Graphic as always are first rate.
Happy New Year to you and yours. Bill

PS We have not had a teeth post from you in a week or more. I suspect you like me are pain free and glad it is over. Wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated, thank God.

Anonymous said...

D-I haven't been by in awhile, I thought I had you on alerts, but I fixed that. Hope all goes well with the votings. Very handsome son you have there..Hope you had a great Christmas, I will need to read a few entries & get caught up.
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna....
Your son is sooooo cute!
Sending good vibes his way ..
wishing him only the best for 2007!

Wishing you the best too... =)

Hugss..~Terri~