Sunday, December 3, 2006

~ Graphics ~

What would JLand be without a little drama?  Lately it seems that graphics are the subject matter.  Sure, I'm probably adding to it by doing an entry, but I've gotten several emails over the past several days asking.  I figured if I posted an entry it would give you all my opinion and thoughts.  This is in no way directed at any one, and I am not trying to cause more issues.  Just posting my opinion.  Please don't take offense.

 

My long time readers may remember the issues I had way back when.  Well, it hasn't stopped but rather I've given up.  LOL  There are so many new tagger's out there and it appears they are all experiencing the same things.  Sure, it's 'just a tag' but we've taken the time to learn the programs, to spend our time doing the graphics, to improve our skill at certain effects or learn more.  We offer them up, but that doesn't give folks the right to resize them to be unrecognizable.  I'm not talking a little bit to fit here or there, but to make it so small you can't see shit!  If you need something resized ask, if it can be done and it is not with each graphic I'm sure the person will do it.  Keep in mind this a hobby of ours, we don't get paid nor do we charge.  The graphic is done in the form of art, and some take hours to create.  Sometimes small is not good.  Don't post someone else's graphics on your journal with a note stating 'Feel free to snag my graphics', they are not yours.  Sure, our sig line is on the graphics (sometimes) but not everyone knows who is who or what is what.  Credit is a common courtesy.  A link, a mention, something.  Don't snag a graphic only to try and change it up by removing someone else's sig line.  That is just so NOT cool!  I've seen it done.  You might notice some are now adding their sig line right on the movement and/or main part of the picture not off to the side to avoid this from happening.  If you snag a graphic and have someone else put your name on it, do not allow that person to write their name over the original sig line.  They did not do the work, they only added to it.  I know sometimes as you post graphics, you are giving credit, and others snag and do these things.  I am in no way accusing youall of doing it.  I am just stating how frustrating it can be when a 'tagger' sees their work out there like this.   AOL pictures is not compatible with animation, so putting someone's hard work up in that little box, losing the animation can be frustrating.  Ask, we will help you post them correctly.  I post my graphics as snags or tags depending on which journal you are on, others don't.  They create graphics for their journals and when they start seeing them all over JLand it can be upsetting no doubt.  If it is not a journal that normally posts snags, ask before you take it.  If your neighbor had flowers out front that you liked you would not pluck them out of their garden and take them home.  Well, at least I hope not.  LOL

 

On that note, like I said there are so many new people doing tags.  It's great, graphics are plentiful but with each tagger there could be different rules.  Please abide by them.  We are all pretty much on the same graphic lists so sometimes you may see something similar.  I generally wait on posting a common graphic if I know someone else just did it.  Sometimes I don't know.  I'd like to think we don't steal ideas to try and out do someone else, so no emails are necessary telling me 'so and so just did the same one.'  No doubt the style is different.

 

Thanks for listening.  I know we all like to decorate, just think about what the creator would think or feel.  I like to think most would not do anything to damage a graphic or hurt someone's feelings.  It shouldn't turn into a big deal, we should have fun and enjoy the beauty that is being created out there. 

 

To all the tagger's... great job!  I see so many beautiful graphics all over JLand.  Your hard work is appreciated!   I love seeing all the different styles and ideas.   I personally appreciate sharing the 'how to' when I ask, thank you!  ^5

 

Hugs

~d

 

EDIT:  The object of this entry was not to tell folks who resized my graphics to remove them from their journal, or have them do so.  I was just stating some information.  I know what my graphics look like :)  I also know some resize better then others.  If it gets ugly.... well it's your journal not mine :)  Just being honest.  I will say, other tagger's do get really upset. I was just asking you all to respect the work and rules of others.  Thanks

 


                           Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                            Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                          Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                      Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Curious, Chris [cacklinrosie101, cab's creations] has also posted on this tag & snag thing...
Great Xmas graphics, Donna

Anonymous said...

You've expressed it well not only for yourself but to other Tag artists.
I always say how much I LOVE the Tags/graphics whenever I see one that catches my eyes or take my breath away...it is just another way of showing how one's art is appreciated.
I hope others who take artists' work for granted or take the credit away start realizing that it IS a polite way to give credit to whom its due.

Amen to your entry here..well said!

Happy Holidays,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I can imagine how frustrating it can be doing all that hard work for someone else to try and pass it of as their own, I would love to know how to make my own graphics or even how to add my name to some that I have, but sadly I neither have the knowhow or the patience to learn, I think you all do a marvelous job with them,
I snagged the rocking horse and the teddy

take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Well said.  I agree!   Those issues are the fears I have with my poetry!!!    (Great graphics, again, of course)
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Dont take the following seriously

You women and your bloomin' pictures!!!!
:o)
For someone like me, on dialup, it takes bloody ages to read some peoples journal entries coz you plaster bloody pictures of bloody kittens and bloody bunnies all over your bloody journals!!! :o)
I dont put them in my journal but if i did, i'd do them myself coz Im a man, and i know best and the pictures would be much better than some silly bloody rabbits or cats and stuff. I'd do a picture of a big Lion pooing out a gazzelle or something.

:o)

Ok so maybe i went too far with the lion thing!
x

Anonymous said...

I think it's rude to alter someone's artwork!  I know if I were making the graphics it would irritate me, too!  Especially removing the signature!!  RUDE
Funny, I just did an entry this morning with links to your graphics journal and some others that i've found.  
Have a great Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

last night i sat with tears streaming down my face as i felt dispair over a situation with my son that i no longer feel i can share with those i care for in J land due to a few people who mocked me and forced me from a community tag award. I spent probaly, quite honestly, a half hour straight looking for the perfect graphic to say what i just could not find the words for. I never found that tag and it threw me off.
These tags/graphics that you make and share mean quite a lot to people.....and i am one of those who does not have PSP but always say to take what they see because i know how much it means when something comes along that touches you. I always try to give credit to all who's tags i use and God knows i do not resize because i have no idea HOW to resize. Most of my tags i use do NOT come from J Land.

The turmoil is so upsetting. I just want to say thank you for making the effort to make your tags because they do mean something to me. Its relieving to be able to express yourself in such a way.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I remember when you spoke about this before .Iam so grateful for all your lovely graphics ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Understood Donna, luckily you always have your siggie on your graphics and I also have your site listed.  Keep up the good work, I love your graphics.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I saw one of your graphics on Chris's sidebar, three little cameos joined together.  I would love something like that if it is not too much trouble

Anonymous said...

the main problem I have is when someone wants a link back to their place with ever graphic.  it is almost impossible for me to keep track with who did what and where I got the graphic.  I have tons and tons of graphics. I can't begin to tell you where every one of them came from.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

ok got it......
but I think some people are getting to worked up over this.
anyway have a good day.
Missy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think you did grat letting poeple know and I also think you have a right to set boundries. your graphics are great.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about my photos... I have a little 'disclaimer' about them at the top of my Journal that they are mine and please ask if you want to use them (and Of Course I would be so flattered and beside myself if someone actually used one I would probably just bust <LOL>) That's the problem with the internet sometimes <sigh>

That being said (and I think you stated it all VERY well), I'm snagging the little rocking horse and bear... they are adorable!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

you did a wonderful explaination here. i love the graphics, i have snagged them. thank you for sharing. I am happy to just be able to snag graphics when it's said i can. if i tried to make them i think i'd have to buy stock in Miss Clairol for sure, lol. You guys do awesome work in making these graphics. I am content in snagging them and asking for it to be tagged. ((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I agree..and couldn't resize if i tried...lol
I've snagged the teddy bears...and Santa...
So cute...thanks bunches!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

dear Donna
Congratulations to Ste again!
I'm so sorry if there is more going on!:(
Hey Donna! Be happy and enjoy December!
oh and your work is exceptional but we knew that!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Damn right babes!! *thumbs up*..;-)

Good explanation, and you said it in an understanding way....good for you!


Lv ya

Ste
xxxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i would never change a tag i have gotten or snagged i always ask first:) you rock with what you do as all of the others in j-land:) please don't let this get you down. that said so you have any side bars for january?

Deb

Anonymous said...

No problem here. At least I don't think I've broken any of the rules.
Have a great week! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, I have been guilty of posting your graphics that I have snagged- but I have never given credit to you for it.  Any time I have needed anything I have gone to you directly for a graphic- for which I am eternally grateful to you for!  I just wanted to comment here and publicly apologize.  I used to do name tags YEARS ago- so I know the frustration.
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Your graphics are so beautiful and cheeful....I love all of them and you probably get tired of me telling you that too! lol  i hope I have not done anything to offend you but if I have then I am sincerely sorry for it Donna.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna~Well spoken! ;-) Sassy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I can't believe people blew this up as much as they did and the comments that were left on that entry I did, some can be so rude.
Resizing a little is ok, resizing it so that its down to nothing and you can't make out the picture is not OK. I even said that in my journal. People have a problem with the rules, they aren't rules, it's just respecting the hard work that goes into making tags for everyone. I am new to this, certainly there are more important things in the world, those who know me and read my other journal know how deeply I care about those OTHER THINGS. I guess in the end it doesnt matter, yet it still pisses me off to see something I made resized down to nothing. Thats what I have the problem with. I think you did an excellent job writing this entry. Thank you for all your hard work!!

~ Jenny

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/DreamingThroughTheNoise/

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/SunshineExpressions/