Tuesday, December 5, 2006

A Better Day

What a difference a day makes.  Yesterday the snow started to fly about 3 in the afternoon.  It was one of those lake effects and the snow was coming down like hell.  It looked like an angry child had shaken the hell out of a snow globe.  I had my car cleared off and pulled out of the parking lot at 4:45.  At 5:00 I still had not made it to the entrance to the highway, generally a 5 minute stint.  Traffic was at a crawl and the streets were like glass.  The snow was still falling and as the cars passed over what had fallen on the road it just packed it down and made everything into an ice rink.  I was creeping along with my foot on the brake more then the gas.  I tried to move over to the left lane so I could take a side street home.  Not one person was going to let me over.  I stayed with the flow of traffic, what flow there was anyway, but no such luck in getting over.  At each intersection cars would pull forward blocking traffic from the other direction as the signal changed, causing even further delays.  It's against the law to block the intersection but it didn't seem to matter to these folks.  On more then one occasion someone from way back in the line would pull out and speed down the shoulder of the road only to pull into the intersection in front of those that followed the rules.  GRRRR  At 6:00 I still had not even gotten on the ramp.  I was tired of fighting the roads and the ass holes who didn't care.  After sitting at the light waiting for the cars on the ramp to move the guy next to me was sitting there talking on the phone.  Another rule broken in the state of NY.  I rolled down my window, beeped to get his attention and signaled to him, making the left right in front of him.  Over an hour for a 5 minute stint!!!  As I drove the side street the snow had stopped but the road was glazed over and the break lights reflected off the road enough to light the way.  We didn't need headlights with the glow you got.  You could hear the spinning of tires on every incline and horns honking as cars road on the shoulder still.  Where in the hell did they think they were going?  Oh, yeah, they'd clog up the road more as they got maybe 3 car lengths and then would have to merge.  After a few times I became a bitch.  I had to wait, so did they.  I inched ever so close tothe car in front of me.  It wasn't like I was moving anyway, but I was not going to let one more ass in.  At 7:10 I walked in my front door.  Frazzled, tired, crabby, and with a pounding head.  Oh the joy of winter!!!  It snowed a bit later in the evening and all in all we ended up with about 8 inches.  Hopefully folks remembered their driving skills now and the next snowfall won't produce this nonsense!

 

Today the roads were pretty clear and traffic moved nicely.  Good thing!  Not sure I could take another day like that.  Work was a breeze as I worked on some graphics for the holiday card and scooted out and was home in 15 minutes.  Ahhhh  Life was good!  My boys came back and won their game tonight 4-1.  Danny's eye was black and blue but he must have felt great as he scored 3 of the goals.  Still doesn't make it right.  I was also misinformed in my earlier post.  Gaustad did not get that fine, but rather they added $1000.00 to Ovechkin.  Oh the pain in his wallet.. or would that be ass??!!  Just to clarify I was angry when I saw it, but I had hoped the league would discipline accordingly.  NOT!  That is what had me pissed off today, not seeing the replay.  Love the game and that will never change, but it doesn't mean I have to like it all. 

 

Well, I'm off to bed leaving you with a few snags.  Enjoy!  Hope everyone is warm, safe, and happy.

 

Hugs

~d

 

 

 


                       Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                                  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


                              Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare...oh my, I want snow because its been years but I dont have to drive much so I am selfish...I remember one time being stuck at 2 am. Took three hours to get home and I must have watched ten accidents happen in front of my eyes and me almost have two...scary...glad you made it home safely...

I pissed off this lady today driving. I had plenty of time to pull out in front of her...she was half a block a way but she just didnt want to break at all. She honked, and went around me on a one way street...lol...She was obviously in a rush. -Raven

Anonymous said...

Glad the streets were better!  Love all your new additions...all are very pretty!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a better drive home today than yesterday! The tags are pretty!

Tomorrow

Anonymous said...

I love how the bears nose and mouth wiggle how do you do that?????? Man send me some snow I mvery upset as it got cold earlier than ithas been in the past five years but the snow........ has not come. we use to get snows but last five years has been dead. yes people seem to get worse and make thihns worse in the snow. Man I bet your sons eye hurts. Wish i understood the game better to understand the video better you had in here. But IM glad he won

Anonymous said...

Cant believe you have snow ,hope you get home safely today ,love the snags especially secret Santa ..thankyou ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the wonderful graphics. Stay warm and safe.
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

wow what a trip you had getting home. glad you got home safe though. love the graphics, snagged me a couple. ((((((((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

here i sit so grumpy and then i see that dog!! LOL! I love it. You are a riot and you dont even know it. Love that tag with the little girl looking in the window. I feel your pain on the traffic...though Ohio does not get that kind of weather A LOT we DO get it. Now i am going to worry about you in the snow!
Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

You are only writing about the snow to make me jealous arent you :o)

Anonymous said...

what a cute doggie!

snow?  i'm still running around in tshirts!

kathy

Anonymous said...

Hello again........Your entries and your graphics are so very heartwarming. I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love coming to read and look at your journal. Your entries show what a truly beautiful person you are. Your a truly wonderful spirit. I am so glad you are at J-Land. Do have a great great great great great Christmas with your family. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Reasons like that is why i will NOT drive in snow...
I have road rage..and i would end up killin myself or someone else...lol    Plus i am chicken shit =)~  We may get our first bout' of flurries tonight....the low tonight is 28...and the high tomorrow is 28.....  I am jealous of your snow...send some my way!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

We got our first real snowfall of the season yesterday,and you people who want it-take it-please,LOL
I'm still sick as a dog,but had to come see your pretty graphics.How did you do that Santa-geez-I think that is just fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I loved your driving story, it almost reminds of driving in Seattle in the snow.
Congrats to your boys for winning their game, sorry about the wounds.  But I guess those boys that play Hockey are tough.  The girl who used to work for me is a tiny little thing and she has season tickets for the Thunderbirds (Seattle) and she always checked the calendar way ahead to make sure she had those game days off.  We have rain now.  Take care.  Joni